Chapter 22

Aldrich POV

Watching into the peaceful deep sleeping face beside me, make my heart skips in fast beats. Why did a mother who sharing the same blood could do that heinous act without any shred of humanity? Beating the child that merely could learnt about the world in only a few years after being born. His scarred was deepen than initially I thought. He carried such a suffering alone for many years.

I think I am unfortunate enough but he was more. I may have been neglected from parents, but there always someone to kept their eyes on my wellbeing. However, Rio had nobody that could shelter him, much more capable in loving him. He learnt about the harsh world merely in tender ages.

Now, it was explaining why he always has nightmares. Why he cried in his sleep? And, why he was thrashing around the bed in the middle night. Rio had accomplished hard trial by staying alive despite the abused he had through in childhood. His strength isn't something to underestimate. He strives to alive and sealed the darkness was the proof of it.

I am so proud with his self-motivation ways. He didn't seek a dark path or suicidal ways. I think I can grasp a little knowledge as to why Oracle had chosen him as my husband. He had an ability to use in crucial time. But, I can't forgive and my threat not an empty word too. It is true because that kind of woman only disgraces other women who had bearer mother's title.

A smile decorates my face as I watch Rio snuggle close to me. His hand encircles around my waist. I never think that sleeping with someone can bring this type of happiness. However, the happiness only feels exclusive if there is a love blend in it. If not then it still will be an empty meaning. I draped my hand around his slender waist too when yawns start hitting me.

"Not sleeping yet? Or couldn't sleep?" A hoarse voice sounds below me. I open my eyelids staring into the mist of sleepy eyes that curious watch me.

"Yeah, my mind seems like can't shut down yet. You should continue sleep, Amante." I caress his cheeks when he starts to yawn again.

"Don't think about my past anymore. We can't rewrite the fate and I rather move forward than linger in it. Please for me, just forget about my mother because it is you the only one I need for now." He wrapped around my waist while snuggling close to me.

"Okay, Amante. I will shower you with lots of love and happiness." I kiss his cute nose.

"I'm sleepy, so let me to go to sleep now and we will discuss whatever you want tomorrow." He said in a slurry voice. I tuck us under the duvet, making him smile sleepily.

"Good night, Amante." I kiss his forehead.

"Oyasumi... Kizaru." The soft snore drifts in my ears signalling he has already fallen in dreamland again. I cuddle his slender body that fit perfectly with my body. His natural scent somehow calms the erratically emotion I have during his bedridden.

Next, I know it already morning when I feel the shuffle of bed sheet beside me. I don't know what the times I fell asleep last night. My eyelids stills feel heavy to open up.

"Good Morning, Kizaru." A pink color tinted his porcelain like doll cheeks. The pale color that is could have been mistaken as a sick man.

"Hmm, Morning, Amante. Why are you waking so early?" A yawn passed my lips as I stretch my numb limbs.

"It is two hours since the sun greet it first ray in the morning." He states it. Rio has been always an early bird. He never late to wake himself before the sun appears unless I had exhausted him to the dead in the night.