Chapter 49

Rio POV

I never felt this livid even after through my mother domestic violence. I never have been this angry, even after Aldrich cheated and wronged me. Right now, my whole heart had been consumed by the fire angrier, demanding me to suck someone blood. A red flowing blood, that is the thing that could calm the storm in me.

"Have you catch the culprit?" I ask Josh who stay stone, leaning on the wall.

"Yeah, tomorrow I will start the interrogation session. I fear that my anger would kill him before he gives any value information if I begin today." There a fire in Josh's eyes.

"Let's me watch it too." I give him no room to argue when I close the door of the private room. I plop down onto the sofa, accompanying by the beeping sound from the heart machine. Is this how he felt when I was in a coma?

Standing up, I walk close to him when hear he is groaning in sleep. I play with his hair, that was a little short during our time together. His face also turns matured and cold. I think I had wiped off those scowl and cold face long ago. Seem like his had reverted to his old self. The accident has damaged both of us, physically and mentally.

I open the door when there is the soft knock, spotting Jared and three male nurses bring in an additional bed. I request them to put it close to Aldrich's bed. The nurses abide my word without question.

"How are the kids?" I ask Jared.

"They are at home with Josh and Muse as a personal bodyguard. I bring some new clothes in that bag." Jared answer in polite as he hands me the duffel bag.

"Thank you, Jared. Remind Muse to take me together to the prison." The word startled Jared but he didn't oppose it.

"Sure, Your Highness. Anything else?" Jared gives a bemused smile.

"No, but I would appreciate if you can bring the kids here when Aldrich wake up. For now, I think the house is the safest place since Aldrich had put a few layers of barricades." He nods before answering me.

"Understood, Your Highness." His eyes travel to still body that rest on white bed.

"Tomorrow I will drop at home for a few hours, mainly for my kids' sake. Don't tell them anything yet, fearing if I break the promise." He excuses himself after noting my word.

The night turn to a new day with the sunlight showering inside the room. I stretch the sore limbs, lazily walking to the bathroom. I decide to take a morning bath to shooing the sleepiness. Hence, I have an important appointment with Josh today.

After two hours, josh appears at the hospital with Arkan. Arkan takes the shift to watch over the still unconscious Aldrich. I am silencing tailing behind Josh. He used a formal car today, driving with an unsettling feeling. I am not the dumbest to obvious detect the change in someone emotion. Josh open the door when I still in deep thought.

"We have arrived, Your Highness." I follow Josh, walking behind him without any fear. The prison that usually held people fear was nothing to me. What I truly feel is an annoying and anger that swallow my whole being.

Some of the wardens checking me, up and down with curious and question that clear as a day. They are a new face I have never met yet. The security so tight where Josh need to slide his pass and palm to open each door. We used an elevator, going down accompanying by three higher up officers. The officer's faces were priceless when Josh introduces me.

One of the officer leads me into a different room than the one Josh entered. Inside it, the one-way mirror is separator between two rooms. In another room filled with torture tools. Josh encircled the man that I suspected as Aldrich's assaulter. The man wears a calm and nonchalant face, ignited the already burning fire in me.