Chapter 36

RIO POV

 (Five Years after Rianna Dead)  

I sighed when checking the proposal. The frozen heart was again beating crazily. Why now when I have settled down? Maybe I should file a resign letter. God damn it. It had been ten years since I last saw him. No, I do some search of information about him through the website. It stated that their country beginning opens their door to foreign country.

Another thing was Anneliese have successfully replaced me with her fake heir. I don't really care about it because I had my own happiness. My kids were solely my possession. They rock my life in light and dark. Without them, I may not the most sane person as I was today. They are the source of my life happiness and strength to walk on my foot again.

"Kurosawa-San, the head section calling you. Are you okay?" I smile at my colleague's concern look.

"I'm fine. Thanks you, Aiba-San." I walk out from the pantry with heavy footstep.

"Tenchou, do you call me?" I knock the door.

"Coming Kurosawa-San." Inside there, seating a few heads from other sections; marketing, sale, customer service and planner.

"As per discussed in the earlier meeting, you had been listed in business trip to Candace. This is a big opportunity for our company." Certainly not in my sake. I resist from roll my eyes.

"Sorry, but I need to decline the offer since I'm a single father with three kids. Nobody will take care them during those periods." I politely rejected it.

"But your outspoken and eloquent speech as well persuading method is what we need to get that tender. It is a crucial factor. The director has granted a special treat for you. You can bring your children and their expenses is under company." Noriko san say in hope plead. She uses every advantage to win over me.

"I know you never take any long or an overseas trip because of your children. But, please for this time we need use an expertise person to win one of three tenders they has open to each country." I rolled my eyes. This woman really hard to fight.

"Let me think first until tomorrow." I said in defeat.

"You can go now." I walked out from the suffocated room with a heavy sigh. Thankfully, today I had applied half day. Getting my bag and laptop, I walk to the elevator.

I think I had applied working in a wrong business field. The Ethereal Travel Agency that is the current office I worked since three years ago. I was recommended by Kurosawa-san who adopts me into his family. He is friend to Haru or officially his boyfriend. I don't know because their relation was like cat and dog fight.

Kurosawa is one of the head in the criminal underworld. The fourth oyabun after his dad die from conflicted with another yakuza. First time meeting him, I never suspect he was one of them. He had a face like an actor or model certainly packs with six-packs under his vest coat. The only difference was his dark aura. I could discern it thankfully to the military training I had learnt.

After five years back to my own country, I have struggled between surviving and raising my kids. Without any strong education background or certificate, it was hard to land in any worthy and stable work. I certainly can't use Candace Royal University related certificate or so. All those documents kept in my former palace. In the end, I jumped from one to another works to provide a comfortable life for my kids.

Working in between waiter, bartender to host as they paid a large sum of money. I may have graduated from Royal University but can't use that thing afraid revealing my past. The shops were under Kurosawa group. He doesn't pay any special attention to me when he agreed to adopt me under his family. The adoption given some options in my life, together with pros and cons too. As family to fearless group, I got an absolute protection in his territory and nobody dare to touch my kids.