Chapter 47

Rio POV

Ten days have passed since I told him about my firm decision. Our relation hanging on the fake and pretended when facing each other. The hardest part yet not coming. I need to break the news to the boys too. For that, Aldrich's presence is compulsory.

The problem is Aldrich rarely at home, sometime he back almost the dawn. I don't know either he tries to avoid or delay the time. His busiest time is ridiculous. Jared just clamped his mouth no matter how I inquiries about it. I pace in the room, go forth and back, trying to accumulate all possible reason. Anyhow, only Aldrich know all those answers.

Tonight, I would wait until he is back. I don't want to delay it anymore, the longer I was here, the weakened my resolve. My heart still not brave enough to stay here any longer. And, about the Amius, I do possible thing to make his appear but until now I only got negative results. Could it be that he finally could rest in peace?

The clock movement is slowly like a turtle. I wait him at the upstairs, near his room, to avoid from missed him back. I hope he will back soon because my eyes are blurring from nonstop yawns. Fortunately, the lady luck is on my side, Aldrich appears less than twenty minutes after the clock hit twelve midnight. He seems tired, with a bag eyes, unshaved stubbles and irritated face. He gives a tight smile once spot me.

"Umm, you should rest first, Aldrich. You look quite tired and lack of sleeping." I said thoughtfully. "What's going on?"

"Nothing, only small matter need to settle soon." There a hint of guilty and anger that flashed in those charming hazel eyes. "Are you waiting me?"

"Yea but I think it's better if we discuss tomorrow. You shall take a proper rest and the boys already sleeping." A cloud of sadness covered he already tired self. As if he can guess what I want to discuss is.

"Okay." He swallows a big gulp of saliva. "Then, good night, Amante... I mean good night Rio. An old habit sure hard to die." He pretends to laugh.

I feel hollow hearing it, "Good night too, Aldrich. Make sure to take a warm bath, eat a light snack and straight go to the bed."

"I will get fat if I am sleep after eating." He jokes.

"I doubt about that. Anyhow go to your room now. I will ask the maid to bring a snack." I give his disdain look.

"Yes Mother." He caresses my hair before going straight to his bedroom. His touch sends a warm to my cold heart.

I decide to go to the kitchen, preparing sandwiches with hot chocolate malt and bringing it to his room by myself. There is no response when I knock the room, so I was inviting myself in. There is no trace of him, putting the tray on the bedside table, I search him in the bathroom. First, I hesitate to open it but I break the moral value in me when I didn't hear any water droplets instead a breaking glass sound.

When I get in there, I spotted Aldrich fist covered with the blood, the mirror shattered on the floor. The towel hanging on his head, successfully covered his whole face. I put my hand on him, startling him a little bit. His body was shaking. I really want to know what emotion flash on his face but he clearly avoids from facing me.

I take his bloody fist, rinsing it under the faucet and let the water clean the blood, taking a clean small towel, I press on his wounded hand. I lead him to bedroom, ordering him to sit on the bed while I take the first aid box to disinfect his wounded knuckles. The room so silent that I lost any wills to initiate any chat.

I bandaged the hand, using a clean towel dried his wetting hair. He clearly didn't want to face me yet so I take another clean towel and put on his head. It's okay if he wants to bend his sadness where I was the main caused. He caught my hand, bringing close to his face and repeating kiss it.