Chapter 02 Six

Tuesday, 6am

Daniel woke up with the sound of a phone ringing. Phone not his. He tried not to mind it and took one pillow to cover his whole face, especially his ears. To his luck, the ringing didn't stop and became annoying by the minute.

Bumalikwas siya sa kama.

"Hey." tapik niya sa katabi. Pero di ito umimik. "Sandra, wake up! Sagutin mo yang cellphone mo o patayin mo, I don't care basta patigilin mo sa kakaring!" naiirita niyang sinabi doon sa babae na halos hindi pa rin dumidilat. Tulog na tulog pa din ito sa kama ni Daniel.

"Shit Sandra. I'm having a migraine, put that damn thing off!" sigaw na niya. Saka lang bumangon ang babae. Suot suot nito ang isang pinaglumaan niyang T-shirt.

She rose from the bed, half asleep and took her phone that was ringing on top of Daniel's dresser and turned it off.

Bumalik uli ang babae sa kama pero bumangon na si Daniel.

Daniel being disturbed from his sleep decided to get up instead and make himself some fresh brewed coffee.

Wearing nothing else but his tiny boxer shorts, he walked past Sandra who was about to lay on his bed again, then out to his kitchen to start his coffeemaker.

Daniel lives alone in his pad, up in the 25th floor of an high-end condominium. The interiors inside his place is dark but naturally calming to the eyes. Wooden polished floor, with some steel and marble in some parts of the unit.

His kitchen, that was his favorite part; it has a mixture of black and the touch of steel, fits his personality perfectly.

Daniel loves to cook during his spare time. Dahil na rin siguro sa ilang taon siyang magisa sa condo niya, he learned how to cook for himself.

The whole house was suddenly filled with the smell of coffee and it kind of soothes him, taking away his headache from last night's liquor palooza.

"Deej..." the girl Sandra called him from the sala. Bihis na ito at mukhang paalis na. "Aalis na ako, I have an early call time. Late na nga ako." she tells taking her bag on her shoulders.

Tinanguan lang siya ni Daniel na para bang sanay na siya sa ganun. He didn't even offer her coffee.

Nasa may pintuan na ang babae ng tinawag niya uli ito. This time, he went closer to her. "Ahhh Sandra."

"Yes Deej?" Daniel secretly cringe at the way the girl calls him by his nickname. It just doesn't sound right when it's said by someone else other than...nevermind. he scolds himself with the thoughts of her.

"Gaya ng dati." he reminds the girl and she rolled her eyes at him.

"Yeah, sure." she answers.

Ngumiti si Daniel and winked. "Thanks. Last night, was fun."

Bumalik uli ang babae at nilapitan siya saka hinaplos ang mukha ni Daniel pababa sa kanyang leeg at dibdib "Well..." she trailed in a flirtatious manner and Daniel moved, walking slowly towards the door to lock her in between. Her smile grew wider with the anticipation of what Daniel might do next.

"...it could have been more fun if we--" she moved closer to his ear and she felt his hands going around her waist, she waited for him to grab her ass but Sandra heard a different sound.

A loud beep and the sound of a door opening. Daniel sneaked his hand near her waist not to touch her but to open the door for her to leave. The door flew open before she can even touch him again.