Chapter 052 Life

The Little Peanut, JA's Q and A 

After one week...

"Maupo kayo..." the female doctor said to them.

Doctor Me-an Fabregas, a top of the line Obstetrician and Gynecologist is taking care of Kathryn and her pregnancy.

Mula ng ilipat si Kathryn sa Cardinal isang linggo ang nakakaraan ay agad nilang pina konsulta sa kanya. She is known to be the best in the field nowadays and Daniel wanted to assure Kathryn is being taken cared of only by the best.

Kakatapos lamang ng pre-natal check up at follow up visit ni Kathryn at Daniel. Kath was discharged four days ago and after almost a week of taking the needed precaution and rest, she is back to her usual activities.

"The fetus is five weeks old as you can see, so you are already in your first month in your first trimester. Madami kang usually ma fefeel during these times. Kaya Daniel, be very attentive." she tells them with a hint of humor.

"Yes po Doc. Excited na nga po ako eh." Daniel replies while Kath just smiled at them. She was also attentive, nag coconcentrate siya sa pinapakita ni Dra. Fabregas sa monitor.

"Malakas naman ang kapit nung baby, as you can see..." she shows them the monitor where it shows the captured copy of the ultrasound Kathryn had earlier.

"This is your growing baby." Dra. Fabregas said smiling, she encircles the white  peanut like structure over the screen. It was quite small that it is hardly recognizable pero sabi ng doktor iyon daw ang anak nila. Their smiles automatically spread upon hearing it.

"Doc, bakit po wala pa tayong narinig na heartbeat? Hindi po ba yun unang nadedevelop? Sa mga palabas kasi yun ang unang naririnig pag nagpapacheck up." the attentive and excited father could not help but to ask questions.

"Well, the fetal heart beat usually starts at around 6 weeks of pregnancy and then it will be nicely heard mga 8- 10 weeks. So most probably in your next visit, maririnig niyo na tibok ng puso ng little Kathryn or little Daniel niyo."  she replied politely.

"Ahhhh..." tango ni Daniel.

"But nevertheless, it's a good sign that after Kathryn here almost had a miscarriage, the baby is really planted safely inside her uterus. He or she is meant to survive." pinagsiklop ni Dr. Me-an Fabregas ang kanyang kamay habang kausap ang dalawa.

"Doc, it is safe na po di ba to walk around and do my usual stuff gaya noon? It would not harm the baby?" it was Kathryn's turn to ask.

"Yes. HIndi naman porke't muntik ka ng makunan ay hindi ka na makakagalaw tulad ng dati. Of course with a level of precaution, but you can go on with your usual tasks. You are shooting a teleserye right?" tanong ng doktor sa kanya.

Tumingin si Kathryn kay Daniel at si Daniel naman ay nakatingin sa kanya.

"Sorry I mentioned it, well I'm a fan kasi of you and Daniel kaya medyo updated ako." pag amin ng doktora.

Ngumiti lamang ang dalawa sa kanya.

"Actually Doc, we decided to postpone it. Hindi na muna matutuloy ang show." mahinang sabi ni Daniel.

"Ay ganon? I guess you are really worried about Kathryn's condition. Well, if it could be of help I can assure you that she is totally fine now pero syempre choice niyo yan and it is always better to be safe than sorry. I'm sure naman the fans will understand." 

"Salamat po, pero sa ngayon gusto ko lang muna alagaan si Kath. Titignan namin hanggang sa makaanak siya. Pero priority ko muna talaga sila." Daniel said. It is true, after they talked about their plans of giving up their respective careers, Daniel and Kathryn decided to take a break first. An indefinite hiatus from showbiz.