Chapter 011 Best

Ford's terrace, almost midnight

Bernardo's residence, 9pm

"Lory, may tweet ba siya?" Kathryn asked her assistant the moment the photoshoot was wrapped up.

Umiling lang ang assistant sa kanya at nag sad face. Ibig sabihin ay wala.

Kath let's out a deep sigh. Hindi pa nag oonline si Dj simula kagabi nung nag tweet sila ng mga makahulugang mga salita.

Kathryn felt a weight on her chest thinking that Daniel knows that it was her who's tweeting him and now he is angry about it.

"Wala rin call from JA?" she asked again as she was taking off the excess make up she had on her face. Tumingin siya kay Lory mula sa malaking salamin at umiling uli ito.

"Agh!" she puts down the bottled water to the table and hitting it hard.

"Why are my men ignoring me since last night?" inis niyang sabi.

She didn't have a chance to talk to JA last night, routine na nila yon pero kagabi ay hindi ito available. She tried to call back home in Homer pero walang sumasagot, even Kaye, her sister is out of reach.

"Ahm, baka po lowbat Ma'am Kath. Baka mamaya maya po mag oonline din yun pagdating niyo sa bahay." Lory tells Kathryn who was obviously grumpy that day. She didn't have a dose of good vibes since last night and all she wanted now is to go home and soak in a her tub filled with bubbles.

It was seven in the evening and they were both ready to go. Nagpaalam lang si Kathryn sa staff na nag asekaso ng TV com niya that day at umalis na.

"Teka po Ma'am Kath...tatawagan ko lang po si Mang Mar." paalam ni Lory. Naupo si Kathryn sa may lobby habang hinintay na dumating ang sasakyan niya. She checked her phone once again but still no sign of Daniel and from Alaska. Ilang minuto pa ang nakalipas ay sinenyasan na siya ni Lory a dumating na si Mang Mar na nagaantay sa harap mismo ng building. Kathryn stood up and walked her way towards the vehicle. Pinagbuksan siya ni Lory at agad na tinungo ang usual spot niya sa sasakyan saka sinandal ang likod, pinikit ang mata. Iidlip na lang muna siya habang nasa biyahe pauwi sa bahay nila.

"Mang Mar pakihinaan naman po nung volume, gusto ko pong matulog..." sambit niya nang nasa daan na sila.

"Are you alright sweetie?" Kathryn heard a familiar British accent coming from the passenger's seat in front of her. Her eyes flew open and saw a pair of blue-green eyes and a wide grin watching her with concern. A smile immediately registered on her face recognizing who that person was.

"Johann Andersen?" Kathryn could not believe her eyes she is seeing him, someone she grew familiar with for over six years that she was in a foreign country. She covered her mouth to hide her surprise. "What in the world are you doing here?" she asked.

"Is that how you welcome a dear friend in your country sweetie?" her visitor chuckled.

"No, no...I'm sorry...I'm sorry I was just surprised to see you today, here and you remind me so much of Alaska you know. But really, what made you come all the way here?" she asked him again.

"Well..." he trailed. Johann, the British friend of Kathryn who was also based in Alaska turned to his side and reached something inside the pocket of his brown leather jacket. He opened a little black velvety box and showed it before Kathryn. It was a what she thinks a band made of white gold with a large diamond stone. Her eyes grew bigger when she saw it and formed an O with astonishment.

"I came to the Philippines to propose." he said smiling and Kath almost teared up and went to him for a hug even when it was inconvenient in a moving car.