Chapter 040 Food

Saturday, Sinigang na Baka for lunch

"Ate Lory, can I come with Mommy and Daddy sa work?" JA asked the bubbly Lory. They were walking going to the dressing room.

"Ay! I don't know bagets, we can ask your Mommy mamaya when she comes." sagot niya sa bata. Bigla siyang natigilan ng may maalala siya. "Ay nako nakalimutan ko yung bag ko sa cr!"

"JA, dito ka lang ha? Babalik lang ako sa cr, I forgot something."

"Gusto mo bang sumama na lang sa akin?" pagaalangan ni Lory na iwan ang bata magisa sa dressing room.

"No Ate..." iling ni JA. "Don't like to go there, that's where girls go...I'm not a girl." he said and Lory pinched his cheeks adoring his cuteness.

"Okay baby boy. Dito ka lang muna ha? Babalik ako agad. Don't go anywhere. Hahanapin ka ng Mommy ay Daddy mo."

Joaquin Angelo nodded politely and smiled.

As told, JA sat on one of the chairs and started singing just to entertain himself while waiting for Lory to comeback or for Daniel and Kathryn to arrive. Naging abala lang siya sa pag akyat baba sa mga upuan.

After few minutes, the door of the dressing roon opened and JA thought Lory was back. He looked at the door waiting for Lory to come inside but it wasn't her.

It was another woman, probably in her 40's wearing a long black satin dress with a matching black pouch. The woman who just came was looking funny towards him. She is a stranger to Joaquin Angelo.

The woman is Pamela. Daniel's former manager.

"Hello little boy..." she waved as she walked towards him.

Joaquin Angelo smiled and waved back "Hi..."

"Are you alone?"

"No, Ate Lory told me...told me to wait for her here...My Mommy and Daddy is coming too." JA replied to the total stranger.

"Ahhh...you're so cute." the woman came to her knees to be in level with JA. "Do you want to come with me? Let's play outside."

JA stared blankly before giving his answer.

"But Mommy told me not to go with strangers."

Huminga ng malalim ni Pamela tila nagtitimpi. "Well, I'm not really a stranger. Look..." she showed JA her phone. The display wallpaper was of her and Daniel way back.

"Isn't this your Daddy?"

"Yes that is Daddy!" Joaquin Angelo confirms.

"See, I'm not a stranger. Your Daddy is a special friend. So can we be friends also?"

JA again stared at her for a while before he managed to smile and took her hand. "Okay."

Lumabas sila sa silid at saka tumungo sa elevator papunta sa basement.

---