Chapter 25 Reality

Kathryn's walk-in closet, 11:25pm April 25

"Here..." Kathryn handed him a plain white shirt and some comfortable sleeping shorts. She borrowed it from her brother Kevin so Daniel could stay for the night comfortably.

"Pahiram naman ako ng towel mo." Daniel requested.

"Maliligo ka?"

"Yeah." Gusto mo sumama? hirit ng kapilyuhan niya pero but he did not dare say it, mukha kasing inosente ang pagkatanong sa kanya ni Kathryn.

"Buong araw ako sa taping eh, ang baho ko na." he said instead, smelling himself.

"Ah okay." Kath nodded at him.

"Makikigamit na rin ako ng sabon." sabi ni Daniel papasok sa banyo.

"Okay...just use anything you need. Nasa may cabinet ang toiletries ko." Kathryn answered while turning the TV on for JA.

"Honey, please put your toys away para makahiga si Daddy mo diyan sa tabi mo." she tells her son.

Agad naman siyang sinunod ng bata. Niligpit ni JA ang mga nagkalat na laruan sa kama at nilagay sa isang storage for his things.

"All done Mommy!" bumalik siya sa kama.

"Very good honey." Kathryn kissed his cheek.

"Is Daddy going to sleep with us every night Mommy?"

Kathryn turned to look at JA and pondered to his question. The question she is also asking her self. It seems to her that they are slowly making amends. Nagiging malapit na uli sila gaya noon.

Earlier, Daniel held her hand, he hugged her and gave her a kiss. It's like the years did not move, time did not set them apart and the world did not turn. They have the same hearts beating the same love.

Sabi nila kapag daw nawala ang taong mahal mo, bumalik man siya ay hindi na siya kailanman magiging parehas bago siya nawala sayo.

He'll lose habit of being the same person after everything seemed to have changed around him. Just like what happened to Daniel.

There will be things that you'll try to find in him that you won't see anymore,  because he lost them the moment you have lost him.

Pero si Daniel, nagbabalik siya kay Kathryn ng higit pa sa kung ano siya noon. Unti unti man, may kabagalan ang pag uwi niya sa tahanan ngunit buo naman, kompleto at walang kulang.

Daniel stepped out of the bathroom and it was Kathryn's turn to wash up.

"Tulog na ba?" tanong niya ng mahina habang minamasdan ang papikit nang si Joaquin Angelo.

"Lapit na. Hintayin ko lang makasleep bago ako mag wash up na rin."

"Sige na, wash ka na ron. Ako na diyan." he offered.

"Sige..." dahan dahan siyang tumayo para hindi mabigla si JA at tuluyan magising.

She walked to the bathroom and watched them before completely closing the door. Daniel being a father is a natural thing for him. He placed JA's head over his arm and made an upward and downward motion on his back drawing JA to deep sleep. He even hummed a tune while doing it.

After almost 15 minutes, lumabas na rin si Kathryn sa banyo. Nakapatay na ang TV at ang ilang ilaw. Tulog na rin si JA maging si Daniel sa tabi niya.

Kath realized that Daniel is sleeping on her side of the bed. She scratched her head trying to think if she should wake him up or let him sleep.

"Okaaaay, sige sa left side na lang ako matutulog."  she told her self. She slowly grabbed one pillow placed beside Daniel.