Chapter 6

"Your friends are hilarious," Eli said laughing. I rolled my eyes, getting a piece of bread and some Nutella.

"They're meddlers, that's what they are." I toasted the bread and put some Nutella on it, then pushed it towards Eli. He just shook his head. "So what do you want to do? I need to eat, and I have a feeling that you might need to too. So where would you like to go?" I asked. I leaned against the counter and looked at him as he thought about it.

"I don't know. What did you have in mind?" Eli asked me.

"I didn't know. That's why I was asking you." I looked around, at my fridge, and knew that there was nothing I could cook quickly. "What do you like? Chinese?" Eli shook his head. "Pizza?"

"Not really in the mood for pizza," he said, shrugging his shoulders. I just look at him with a look that is saying really?! "I'm a picky eater, I'm sorry." I roll my eyes.

"How about Taco Bell?" I offered. I personally loved Taco Bell, but I wasn't sure if he did. I look at his face and see him thinking about it. "Oh, come on! I swear, if you say that you don't like Taco Bell..." I don't finish the sentence because it was cut off by his laughter.

"I've never had a burrito before, but I have had tacos, so I guess we have a winner." I nod my head, and then look down. I was still in my sweatpants and tank top. I look up at Eli, biting the inside of my cheek. I needed to take a shower, but I knew if I told him that, somehow it would become awkward. But he just laughs at me.

"Don't worry," he says shrugging, "I'll wait until you're ready." I skip a little to the living room, grabbing two remotes. I hand them to him, and point to our flat screen as he sits on the couch, getting comfy.

"The long remote is to turn on the TV, and the smaller one is to watch Netflix. Have fun," I say walking away to my room. Then I remember something, and poke my head around the corner. "Oh," he turns his head my way, "I swear it won't take me like an hour."

I took about a 10 minute shower before I got out and washed my face. I went through all of my drawers, and then realized that I was screwed. I'm not the best when it comes to putting stuff in the wash and dryer, so all of my shorts and pants were dirty.

I go through my closet, already having on a blue, button down, plaid shirt. I reached up and got my light blue, low top converse off of the shelf, and slip on some low cut socks. I only have one thing that'll look good with this shirt, and I didn't want to wear it. I reluctantly pulled the white skirt my mother had bought me my last birthday. 

I looked in the mirror, securing my watch on my wrist and my survival bracelet on the other. I wrapped a big, brown belt around my waist, so that the top part of the skirt wasn't seen, and the shirt was tucked in. I found a thin, black headband with a ribbon made in a bow and stuck it in my hair. I tied my shoes, and I was ready.

I walked out of my room, hesitant. I think that what I was wearing was too girly. I wanted to be in something comfortable. I mean, it's not like Eli looked any more casual than me. He was wearing a white button up with a black vest and jeans. But I could tell that that was his style. It was normal for him.

I got into full view, right behind Eli, and watch what he was currently looking at. It was an episode of Breaking Bad. I stood there, rocking back and forth on my feet because I didn't know what else to do. I could've coughed, but I would've felt awkward. I could've said that I was done, but then it would still be weird. I just didn't know what to say to get –

"You done?" Eli asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. He gets off of the couch, and is able to see my full outfit. His eyes get a little wide, and I scratch my head. "Wow, uh... Um."