27. Family Dinner 3.0

I woke up early, and I rubbed my eyes. I looked around and realized that I wasn’t in my room. Before I could panic, I remembered everything from yesterday night. I rubbed my face, feeling bad. I knew that I would have to face Eli and his mother, and just the thought of that made me cringe. I knew I shouldn’t have felt bad (Eli’s words, definitely not mine), but I still did. I decided that the first thing I needed to do was take a shower. I went through my bag, getting out my face stuff, which was prescribed to me from my dermatologist, my shower gel, lotion, loofah, and toothbrush. I was perfectly fine.

Until I noticed something wrong.

I didn’t have 3 pairs of pants. I had one pair and 2 skirts. “What?” I asked myself quietly. I searched and searched for more pairs of pants, but there weren’t any. How did I grab skirts instead of pants? I heard a knock on the door, and immediately started stuffing everything back in.

“Cass?” I heard Eli ask quietly on the other side of the door. I smiled as I watched the door creak open, and saw Eli’s face with closed eyes. “I don’t know if you were doing anything, but I figured you would want to go take a shower. So everything’s in there for you.”

“Eli, you can open your eyes,” I say lightly, laughing. His eyes popped open.

“Oh, well why didn’t you tell me that before?” he laughs. “Oh, and you brought your hair brush, right?” I was about to throw a pillow at him, but he cackled his way out of the room before I could. I sighed. I had forgotten my hair brush. I know that you don’t have lice, so you can use my sister’s old brush. She doesn’t use it anymore. I read over the text from Eli, and grinned.

I took everything, including my pants and peach colored Mickey Mouse tank top, into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and washed my hair first before washing the rest of my body. I got out, putting on the lotion, and looked down to see a hair brush on the counter top. While brushing my teeth, I ran the hair brush down, through my hair while it was still really wet so that my hair would come out wavy instead of super curly. I let it air dry after all of the knots were gone.

I washed my face with the heaven sent stuff my dermatologist told me to use to keep my face clear, and started putting on my underwear, tank top, and pants. I looked in the mirror for a bit before nodding my head, knowing that it wouldn’t get any better than this. I would have to live with it.

I walked down, and saw Eli sitting at the counter right in front of the kitchen. I saw a woman with brown, shoulder length hair, and they were in the middle of a conversation when I walked in. Needless to say, I immediately felt awful for interrupting.

“I’m sorry, for interrupting,” I say quietly, rubbing my arm and smiling. Eli’s mother smiles at me, and walks up to me.

“It’s no problem at all,” she says, giving me a hug. I’m pleasantly surprised, but I give her a hug back. Eli silently laughs at my reaction. “You must be Cassie. It’s nice to finally meet you; I’m Pam. Eli’s told me a lot about you, but not that you were extremely beautiful! He only said you were pretty,” Mrs. Anderson told me, putting her hands on my cheeks while smiling. I smiled shyly at her, and saw Eli shaking his head with his hand over his eyes.

“Thank you. It’s nice to meet you too,” I replied as she took her hands away. “And thank you for letting me stay at your house while my family’s away.” Mrs. Anderson shakes her head while going back to what she was cooking.

“It’s no problem at all. Eli was telling me that your family went on vacation?” I nodded my head.

“Yes, ma’am, but I had school, so they wanted me to, um, stay and look after the house,” I end quietly. I look at her reaction, and Mrs. Anderson furrows her eyebrows while shaking her head.