16. Family Dinner

I woke up happy today. It’s not that I didn’t wake up happy… Well, actually I’m not good in the morning. I guess the feeling of actually being excited about something got in my bones. I was ready for the day to finish already so that I could go and eat with Annie and Adam and the kids. I wasn’t even thinking about Eli as much as I thought I would. The distractions were great, not going to lie.

I spent most of my time watching Netflix. I am happy to say that I actually didn’t watch any Korean movies. It was a Korean show that I watched! It was awesome; the main guy was really attractive, and he was kicking bad guys butt and falling in love. And it was just fantastically amazing! My mom and dad did not come up to see what I was watching this time, luckily. I bet they would have forced Ethan and I out again because we “aren’t getting enough sunlight.” I laughed at my joke as I took a sip of my teat from my Tigger mug. You may be thinking, “What’s with her and this Tigger mug?” Well, my grandma Minnie was here for two weeks and wanted to go shopping for souvenirs for the family back in Tennessee, so we went to downtown Disney. I saw the mug and practically fell in love with it, so I bought it, and made sure that everyone knew it was my mug. It’s been 3 months and no one has used the mug except for me.

I was about to watch a new episode, but my phone started to vibrate. “Helloo?” I answered, confused as to who would be calling me right now.

“Cass? Hey, it’s Eli,” I heard, and I smiled. “Why don’t you ever look at the caller ID when someone calls you?” I thought about it, and I didn’t have an answer.

“I don’t know, I guess I should. What are you calling for?” I asked curious. I heard Eil clear his throat, and then a round of laughter, and I knew that they were Eli’s friends from the last time they called, when Eil dropped his… Yeah.

Hey, Eli,” I heard in the background, “is that Cassie?” I guess Eli nodded his head, because the boy continued. “I want to talk to her.”

No way –

Oh, come on, Eli! You didn’t let us talk to her last time,” I heard a different voice whine. I laughed into the phone, hoping that Eli kept refusing their request so that I could hear them banter on some more.

Please!!!” they all echoed together. I heard Eli sigh before the phone was handed over.

“Hello?” I heard a voice ask excitedly. I smiled widely, already loving his friends. “Cassie, this is Michael. I’m friends with Eli.”

“I kind of figured that bit out by myself,” I replied laughing. “Are you having a good and fun time working his last nerve?” I ask. I hear Michael laugh, and then he says something.

Dude, she’s on point! I like her!” I smile at the compliment as I hear a muffled sound and then a grunt. “Hey! Jackson, I wasn’t done!” Jackson laughs into the phone.

Oh, you know that we aren’t going to get a lot of time to talk to Cassie with the party pooper in the room,” I hear Jackson say, and Eli scoffs in the background. “Hey, Cassie, how are you on this fine day?” I laughed.

“I’m fine, Jackson, and how have you been ever since that first day I met you?” I asked smiling into the phone. Eli’s friends were the best, and I really wanted to meet them now.

“I’ve been really well, just dreading school and homework, and all those other things that make teenagers cringe these days.” I laugh loudly as he cracks up at the joke he didn’t really make. He seemed genuinely sure that his joke was hilarious.

Dude, stop laughing! That wasn’t even that funny!” I heard a voice laugh after Jackson had started. “You know what? Give me this.” I heard protests coming from Jackson, and then a thud.