15. Family Day

“I don’t need help,” I said bored as my mom and dad pushed me into the van. “I’m perfectly fine.” Ever since they saw me up stairs watching a movie in Korean, all night might I add, I guess they felt that I was close to that ‘going crazy’ point. I’d never actually told them I watched the shows though, so I guess that would be a good reason why they freaked out.

“You need sunlight,” my mother started as Ethan sulked over to the seat next to me. My dad buckled himself in the passenger’s seat. “You kids and staying on the computer and in front of TVs nowadays. You need the vitamin C.”

“You know you’ve bought vitamin C vitamins, and you practically try to shove them down my throat right? Or, I could just buy a gallon of orange juice and have that,” I said, shrugging my shoulders. My dad starts laughing, knowing that it was the truest thing in the world. My mom is real healthy, and gets all these vitamins that will supposedly make your hair grow and lose weight and all this other crap… I don’t believe that it will do all of that, but I guess the vitamins will help in some way.

“We’re going to the park, you guys,” my dad tells us excitedly. Ethan and I both raise our eyebrows, wondering where the excitement is coming from. “Oh, come on, guys! It’ll be just like old times. I brought the baseball bats, the tennis racquets, and all that other fun stuff!” Ah, I see. As we get older and more content with entertaining ourselves with electricity, dad gets more bored. I sigh, but I’m slightly excited. I’ve loved baseball, and even playing the game ever since I was young.

“And Annie, Adam, Mason, and Amelia are coming too, so it will be really fun!” Mason and Amelia are my nephew and niece. Mason was a 2 and three quarter year old boy who had curly brown hair, and hazel-brownish eyes. He was absolutely adorable and way too excited about any and everything for his own good. Amelia, or Lia, as I call her, is only 1. She has a little bit of curl to her hair, but it is more straight than curly, along with blue eyes that she got from her daddy. She was precious. Adam’s a lot taller than Annie, but that’s easy for him because Annie's really short anyway. Adam has medium length, brown hair that’s always pushed up and blue eyes, with a little bit of stubble on his face.

Adam and Annie were already out of the car when we pulled up. I saw Adam before I saw everyone else, and I realized that he was keeping watch so that they would know when we got there. He smiled as he walked back to Annie, who was under a pavilion with Mason running around her and Lia on her lap. I guess he was telling her that we were here. I quickly jumped out of the van, grabbing the baseball bats and swinging them over my shoulder. I smiled at my sister and brother in law as they came up to us with their kids.

“It’s about time,” Annie says, giving all of us a hug, and then Adam follows suit. “The kids were practically bouncing in impatience for you guys to get here.” I smile at my little niece in my sisters hands as Ethan picks up Mason.

“Oh, I’m sure our little Lia was totally bouncing everywhere. Weren’t you, Lia?” I ask the baby, and she smiles a toothless smile at me. I give her a kiss on the forehead before we start to walk to the field.

“So,” Adam asks excitedly. “What are we playing first? Baseball? Soccer?” He was a sports fanatic. “How about a little bit of some touch football!” I rolled my eyes, making a turn into the gated baseball field. I smirk at everyone.

“Obviously, we do the best sport first,” I say, handing Lia back to her mother. Adam scoffs as he pulls on my pony tail.

“Little sister, oh, how much you have to learn. Baseball isn’t even considered a sport anymore,” he says, hitting what he knows is a sour spot. I hit him softly in the stomach.

“You bite your tongue, you fiend!” I joke, getting my green baseball bat out, grinning from ear to ear. I wasn’t that much into sports, but baseball was my game; it has been and always will be. “Get ready to lose,” I say as I walk up to home base. I barely saw Annie and mom get to the bleachers as dad squatted behind me, Ethan went out to 3rd base, and Adam positioned himself as pitcher. I smirked at my brother in law as he got ready to throw the baseball by way. I hit it easily, and Ethan had to run to go catch it. Before anyone could think of anything else, I took off running, hitting each base with one foot.