24. "Can I Hug You?"

Why did it feel like someone was poking me? It didn’t even feel like they were just poking me, but my… Cheek? Was someone poking me in my cheek to wake me up?!

I shot up quickly, and looked to my side. I saw Eli and he just grinned at me, as if he thought that this was hilarious. I would be the one to tell him if this whole scenario was hilarious based on was time it was.

8:30…

8:30?!

I glared at Eli. “Eli…” I stopped what I was saying, trying not to yell too badly at him. “I’ve come to the point where I’ve learned not to care if you just pop up. But… What in the Sam heck are you doing waking me up this early on a Saturday morning?!” Eli starts laughing, and I pulled him by the collar of his shirt, bringing his face centimeters from mine. “You think I’m joking?” I ask seriously, and his eyes widen. “Ask my parents, and they will tell you I’m not a morning person. Got it?” Eli nods his head quickly, suddenly getting the picture. I let go, and I take a breath in, looking at Eli, who was watching me cautiously. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“Well,” Eli says, rubbing the back of his head. “I was going to ask your parents if we could go out, and I could give you some pointers on the road.” I looked at him skeptically. Why would he want to give me some pointers? I guess Eli realized that I was confused. “I was going to give you some driving lessons, like I said I would that one Saturday.” I start laughing.

“You don’t want to teach me how to drive, Eli, I’ll most likely have a panic attack.” Eli smiles at me and sits next to me on my bed. “Plus, I don’t think that they would too keen on the idea of a seventeen year old teaching a sixteen year old how to drive; no matter how experienced he is.”

“I’ll be able to help you if you have a panic attack, and I think they will be more than happy to let me teach you.” I squint my eyes at him and purse my lips. Eli looked at me with a very simple smile on his lips, and he got up a grabbed my hair brush. He smiled at me, putting one hand on the side of my head while brushing the other side of my hair. I look at him, and realize the he was taking all of the annoyance of waking me up early away with every stroke through my hair. He left his hand there, and I could feel his fingers making my hair wrap around them and get tangled. We just sat there, which was weird but very calming.

And then he realized what was happening.

He got off of the bed quickly, and cleared his throat. “Um, yeah. So, I’m… Uh, I’m just…” Eli looks around frantically, and I raise my eyebrows at his antics. “I’m just going to go, and find your, uh, parents.” I nod my head, and he walks out of my room and closes the door behind him. The next thing I knew, my face was stuffed in the pillow.

“Ughhhhh,” I groan, and the sound is muffled. “Why is he so attractive?” I didn’t mind saying that out loud, knowing that, to anyone else, it would’ve sounded, obviously, muffled and confusing. And it wasn’t as if he was standing by my door or anything like that.

I, regretfully, decided to get out of bed. I was too tired to actually care about how I looked at this awful time in the morning, so I just walked out of my room without a second thought. I briefly heard Eli greeting my parents before I shut the bathroom door behind me. I had to let the warm water wake me up before I could, or would, wash my hair and body.

It only took two steps to my right to get back into my room, towel wrapped securely around my body. I made sure that Eli wasn’t checking out my posters or anything before I locked my door. I put on deodorant and underwear, and then put some black, basketball shorts and a t-shirt on. I put my hair up in a ponytail, after brushing out all of the knots, and then wrapped it around itself until it looked like a bun.