32. It's a Yes for Me

“It’s still so… Normal.”

I was talking on the phone real quickly to the girls as I waited for Eli to come. For the first time since August, he actually told me that he was coming over instead of popping up unannounced. To say that I was surprised was an understatement.

“Oh, come one!” Ava exclaimed into the phone. “I know that you guys are all cuddled up, and being all flirty with each other now.” Yeah, I had told them about the whole conversation Eli and I had in his basement. “Since you both know that you two like each other.”

It had been 2 weeks since then, now making it a week before Christmas, and I was super excited because I found the most perfect thing to get Eli. Actually, it was more made than found. I went through Eli’s phone to find a couple of pictures. I already had the picture of us at the movies, and the picture of Eli with Levi on his shoulders. But I was pleasantly surprised to find a picture of me and Rory. It was when we were at the park, and we finally decided to sit down and eat. I was just about to put the circle of the sandwich in Rory’s mouth when, I guess, Eli had taken the picture. It was a really good picture, because Eli got it perfectly so that I actually looked pretty, and I had a small smile on my face as I fed her.

I decided to send that one, and the picture of all 5 of us, to my phone. I went to some shop or store, and they combined all of the pictures into one; the picture of just me was in the top right corner, and the one with Eli was in the bottom left. The one with Eli and I is above Eli, and the one with the 5 of us is under me. The people asked me if the guy in the pictures was my boyfriend, and I really didn’t know what to say, so I just nodded my head and shrugged my shoulders. Then they gave me a blue picture frame for free.

“I’m serious, guys,” I said, surprisingly laughing out loud. “There’s nothing more ever since then. No extra romance or cuddling. But I seriously wouldn’t mind that.” All of the girls and I started giggling, not able to contain the humor of the truth. “Eli’s seriously a good cuddler though, guys!”

“And you know this how?” Josie asked slowly, and I started to chew on my cheek. I forgot that I had never told them about… Those times. I laughed nervously.

“Well, you remember when I told you that he stayed with me that whole Saturday?”

“When it was your time of the month? Yeah, we remember,” Lanie added for everyone.

“Well, he came before we actually knew, and since I was being lazy, he decided that we would look at Netflix upstairs.”

“Isn’t that couch a pull out?” Lanie asked skeptically.

“Well… Yeah.” It was dead silent as they took in my story that I accidentally left out, and then it all clicked in their heads at the same time.

“Did you guys spoon?!” they all yelled at me loudly through the phone. I coughed awkwardly. “Oh my god, that’s so cute! I mean, you, Cassie, would definitely not actually try to do something like that, so the fact that you guys accidentally fell asleep together is absolutely adorable!” I held the phone away from my ear; the loudness of their yelling was as good as them being on speaker.

“You know,” I heard next to my ear suddenly, “you should really tell them not to yell. Someone could hear something that wasn’t supposed to be heard.” I looked over my shoulder, and I was centimeters away from kissing Eli. That’s how close his face was to mine as he held his head very closely to my ear. He smiled at me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. “Hey, girls! Didn’t I say no talking about me behind my back?”

You could hear the ripple of laughter as I put the phone on speaker. “And how would you know that we were talking about you, Eli,” Skylar asks sarcastically. Eli shakes his head, and I grin.