Tyler x Reader. (Heathens.)

You were a prison guard at a high-security prison somewhere in the USA. To be honest, you did a pretty damn good job there, you kept every single prisoner under control and you always showed off a rough and heartless attitude. You walked up and down the aisle, past the cells, your (e/c) cold, as you barked at some prisoners as soon as they did something wrong. But something got your attention. Some police officers pushed a rather small male around the corner, he had short brown hair and the orange jumpsuit he wore was way too big. You watched as he got pushed past you, into the last cell at the end of the aisle. You rose an eyebrow as you followed the men, they already had him behind the bars. "Who's this?" you snapped, looking at the new prisoner who's back was turned towards you. "Tyler Joseph," an officer answered, his gaze also resting on the small male. "Why the hell is someone like him in here? Did you get the wrong guy?" you grumbled, huffing as you crossed your arms. "Oh, no, Miss (l/n). This guy is dangerous. He has schizophrenia, and I swear to God, he is erratic. He's in here for murder."
You narrowed your eyes, pushing a strand of your (h/l) (h/c) hair out of your face. "He often talks about a Josh. Maybe part of his disease," one of the men chuckled, walking past you as the others followed. You rolled your eyes and muttered, "Fricking idiots..." You then turned back to your work, until your shift ended, not really caring about the new prisoner named Tyler Joseph.

You pushed the heavy metal door open as your shift started, stepping through it before you fixed your blue uniform. Your (e/c) eyes wandered around as the door fell shut behind you, noticing the brown-haired male who arrived yesterday. He was standing close to the cell door, his hands tightly wrapped around the bars as he stared ahead. "Joseph. Step away!" you ordered, your voice as cold as ice. Tyler didn't do anything, so you stepped closer to him, looking straight into his face. There were a few noticeable scars to be seen, and his face actually was really nice. "Ma'am. Did you see my friend? My friend Josh?" the male asked and ripped you out of your thoughts. Tyler was now looking at you, and you looked back. Your heart melted, his eyes were really nice, but they seemed... dull and empty. "Who is Josh?" you huffed, getting back to your old attitude. "You better step away now, or you'll regret it," you growled, your voice turning dangerous. The brunette's head lowered as he slowly stepped away, following your order. "Thanks," was all you said before you followed your daily routine.

You sighed as you noticed that your shift had come to an end and you waited for the next guard to show up. You were standing next to Tyler's cell, you were really bored, so you shifted your gaze on him. The male was drawing that's why you shrugged and asked, "What are you drawing there, Joseph?" The brown-haired tilted his head, slowly getting up and walking towards the cell door. He held up the drawing. On it was a man to be seen, and a small sentence was written on it. 'Josh, my guardian angel.' You shook your head and looked up at Tyler, his face didn't show off any emotion, but... he looked so down... so broken. It squeezed your heart together. You sighed and you knew, you couldn't treat him like all the others. It would kill him. Your (e/c) eyes softened as you smiled at Tyler. "Tell me a little about Josh, Tyler." The brunette stared at you for a while before his soft looking lips parted and he began to speak, "J-Josh... I-is my best friend! H-he always has b-been my best f-friend. He helped me t-through everything, t-through my school years.. a-and h-he was the only person who got Blurry a-away. B-But right n-now, he o-only comes to v-visit me for a short time. A-and I-i am not e-even allowed t-touch him..." You stared at the brunette, you were stunned by his nice and soothing voice, but also by the words which slipped past his lips. The male was now shivering as he looked down. "H-he told m-me... t-that I would h-have to wait u-until... he's here for m-me again, and... b-but, ma'am, please tell me... Did y-you see Josh? I-i miss him," Tyler mumbled and looked into your eyes. You, meanwhile, tried to take in what the male just told you. You were sure of it, Josh didn't exist. Nobody had visited Tyler. Nobody. You looked back at him and tilted your head. "First of all, I am (Y/N). Please call me that. Second of all, no. I didn't see Josh. Nobody did. I am sorry."
The man's head lowered, as he nodded. "Tyler, I can be your friend," you offered. He looked at you and shrugged, backing away. You opened your mouth again, but the metal door got pushed open, a new guard stepped in. "Evening, Miss (l/n)," the officer mumbled, keeping the door open for you. "You are late, Mister Way. Have a good night," you huffed and walked past the door, allowing it to fall shut behind you.
You shook your head and rubbed your arms. You knew that Tyler wouldn't last long in prison. Others did, but not someone like him. You had to do something. There'd be a new part to your daily routine.

To be continued...