Josh x Reader

I am evil.
You are visiting high school in this one, too, just like Josh.
Enjoy, my huns.
-Madlen
------------------------------------------------------
"Alright, guys, we are nearly done for today," your history teacher, Mr. Weekes said, then sighed. "But, before you leave, I would like you to find a partner you want to work with, because I want you to do a group assignment as homework," the tall man said, and then gave a sign, showing off that you could look for a partner. Sighing, you let your eyes trail over your classmates, biting your lip as you saw a group of girls around Josh. Of course. Everyone wanted to work with Josh, the most popular guy in this goddamned place. There were also some guys surrounding the male, probably people of his gang. Yet you noticed, that the male with the dyed hair, who didn't even have the chance to get out of his seat, looked more than uncomfortable. He shifted and looked at everyone around him, sinking more and more into his seat. Sighing, you looked away, staring at the table. You probably were the student working all alone, anyway, or you had to work with the person, who was left over. "What is the problem?" Mr. Weekes asked, stepping closer. "We all wanna work with Josh," a blonde girl whined, squishing closer to the male, who was still resting on his chair. "Yeah, and I think I should work with Josh," a red-head exclaimed, and within seconds, a new fight between the young people broke out. Josh, meanwhile, looked at his teacher, eyes begging for help. "Alright, alright, stop this," the man sighed and rolled his eyes a bit, then he let his gaze trail over the class, seeing that most people already had found their partner. "Alright, if you can't do this by your own, I will choose the teams," the male huffed and crossed his arms, all of the students turning to him, all of them had hope in their eyes. The history teacher started to put the people into teams, always earning groans. You watched, slightly amused about the scenario, which was playing right next to you, and you couldn't help but smile. But that smile quickly faded at the words the tall man spoke. "(Y/N) and Josh will be a team."
Your body tensed, as you saw the death stares of the girls in the class, glancing over at Josh, hoping he would complain, yet the male only gave a relaxed sigh, there even was a smile on his pink lips. He wasn't even uncomfortable anymore, at least, it looked like he wasn't uncomfortable anymore. Mr. Weekes walked back to the front, announcing what the topic for the group assignment would be, as he sat on the table. "Alright, that's it for today. The deadline will be next week. See ya," his melodic voice spoke, and then he turned away. You jumped up as the bell rang, quickly hurrying out of the class. You just couldn't believe it. You had to do a group assignment with Josh Dun. The most popular guy here. A huff escaped you while you made your way to your locker, already knowing that you probably had to do most of the work, while Josh sat next to you and watched you, like all the other popular people did. Grumbling, you dug around the locker, to find some books you would need for your homework. "Hey, (Y/N)," a soft, yet deep voice said right next to you, making you flinch. "Hi," you forced out, closing your locker. "I thought we could maybe meet this afternoon. Are you free?" He smiled at you, tilting his head to the side. You were slightly surprised, not used to getting asked like this. "Uh...Yeah."
"Sick!" The pink-haired male called out. "Do you wanna come over at mine, or...?" He asked, grinning at you. "I...can...can we meet at mine?" You shyly asked, breathing out as he nodded. You told him your address, and then waved good bye, quickly walking through the halls of your school, until you reached the door. You pushed it open, hurrying outside, and making your way home. This was going to be a long day.

You were resting on your bed, with all your homework being done, you didn't have much to do. Honestly, you didn't think that Josh would come over earlier than six PM, yet you didn't really mind. You were sure about the fact that Josh was like all his other friends. Arrogant, selfish, mean and dumb, and that he wouldn't do anything for this assignment. You sighed and got up, walking over to your leather chair and plopping down on it. You opened your laptop and started it, but your head snapped up as you heard a knock on the front door. "Who on earth..." you muttered under your breath, as you got up another time, trotting to door, and as soon as you saw who it was, your face turned surprised. Josh was standing in front of the door, and he even had brought material. Honestly, none of the people you had worked with ever did that. None. "Hey, (Y/N)," the pink-haired male smiled. "I hope I didn't disturb you?"
You shook your head in awe, moving to the side so he could step in, which he gladly did. You were stunned by how kind he was acting, and how prepared he was. "U-uh, you can...you can leave your shoes on...Do you want anything to eat or drink?" You asked. "Oh, uh, no, I don't wanna be a burden. Thank you, though," he said, looking at the ground shyly. He caught you off the guard for the third time today, but you shook it off. "You aren't a burden, Josh. If you need something, tell me," you smiled, and then led him to your room.

You were coming forward with the assignment pretty well, and honestly, Josh actually helped you. He did just as much work as you did.  "Woah, we are nearly done," you spoke out, and you couldn't hide the sound of surprise, which was swinging along those words. Josh chuckled and looked up from his papers. "Why so surprised? Did you think I would just sit around and watch you work?" He grinned, but the grin faded as he saw you looking away. The young man swallowed and shifted. "What else did you think? That I am a douche? Just because I count to the popular kids?" He asked, biting his lip as you didn't say anything. A hurt expression was on his face, as he closed the book he had been reading in to find some information.  "Well, (Y/N). I am not like all the other popular kids. I don't even want to be popular! All I want is to study in that school, and have some normal friends, not those girls and boys surrounding me like I am a god. I don't even hang around with anyone after school, because I can't stand them. Honestly, I like you. Because you didn't treat me like that, and also, I was so happy as Mr. Weekes chose us to be a team, because I wanted to get to know you," he called out, but got quiet as soon as he noticed what he just had said. "I need to go," he mumbled shyly and packed his stuff together, getting up, while you just sat in awe. You shook your head, as he walked in the hallway and jumped up. "Josh, wait," you called out and stumbled after him. The man turned around, looking down, but you still could see the blush on his face. You stepped closer, slowly, and carefully, hugging the boy, while a blush rose to your cheeks. "I am sorry, Josh. I didn't mean to think of you like that, but...I had to work with so many popular kids already, and...and they all treated me like a slave, so I couldn't do against those thoughts. Please, forgive me," you mumbled. The pink-haired male sighed and slowly hugged you back. "All forgiven. I know what douches they are. Friends?" He asked, and held you away a bit, holding his fist towards you. You smiled and bumped your fist against his. "Friends," you whispered, giving him a bright smile. The male grinned back and pressed you to his chest for another time, then pulled away fully. "I really need to go. See you tomorrow, (Y/N). Wanna meet again around afternoon tomorrow?"
You nodded happily, he grinned yet again and waved, leaving the house. You watched him, as you realized... you had a friend now.

-----------------------------------------
Continuation of this? Yah? Nah?
Stay alive, take care.
-Madlen