Tyler x Reader

Tyler's brown eyes were fixated on his phone screen, his body was tensed as he waited. No, he didn't wait, he lurked.
He lurked for his favorite internet friend to come online. However, this person was so much more to him, way more. It was the most important human in his life, the person who made him keep going and always cheered him up when his days were rough and grey. The person he actually fell in love with, and this person was (Y/N) (L/N).
Finally, after some more minutes of waiting, a message appeart on his screen.
From (Y/N) @ 12:00 PM
just woke up, jeez, I'm even more tired than before. Hello, Tyjo!
The young man couldn't help but chuckle at the statement his friend just sent, and didn't waste any time in typing a reply.
From Tyler @ 12:02 PM
I woke up a while ago already and am quite energetic and well rested, so tell me...how is that even possible?
He waited impatiently for a respond, putting his phone down, just to pick it up again a few seconds later, checking for any new messages. This went on for a few times, until it was finally there; a new message.
From (Y/N) @ 12:05 PM
Dude, I bet you didn't stay up until six, reading fanfiction and watching your favorite YouTubers xD.
Tyler chuckled yet again and shook his head. "Silly girl," he muttered under his breath.
The conversation went on for a while, the female was making Tyler laugh, chuckle and grin, his doe eyes shining as he read the incoming messages. He loved the talk with you, you made him feel save, you made him feel needed and like he was important. Whenever he talked to you it felt like he had a purpose, a purpose to be walking on this planet. He didn't feel the same when he was around the people in the real life, they only made him feel accepted, never appreciated. Unlike you.
However, his smiling stopped as he frowned, reading the next message coming from you.
From (Y/N) @ 2:50 PM
UGH! I need to get ready, meeting with a friend to play video games.

From Tyler @ 2:51 PM
You have many friends, huh? I wish you a lot of fun! Stay save, okay? I wanna keep talking to you.

From (Y/N) @ 2:53 PM
I don't have many friends. Only...Ben, Melanie, Sebastian, Hannah, Nicola, Tom and Michael.
Tyler read the message, and within seconds, a heat rushed through his body, a throbbing pain following right after. He read your message, over and over again, but no matter how often he did, his own name never was there. He looked down, chewed on his bottom lip and waited. Maybe you just forgot to add his name. Hopefully. The brunette waited, yet gave up after a few more minutes.
Tyler is typing...
Suddenly, another pain went through his body, realization hitting the young man. "In the end, I will never be real to you, huh?" He whispered, stopping to text.
Tyler is offline.

-----------------------------------
At the male readers being out there, if I even have some here, are you interested in a Male!Reader x Twenty One Pilots book?
Also, would you like a continuation of this one shot?
Stay alive, stay safe, it's worth it.
-Madlen