Josh x Reader

Dog Days

A yelp mixed with a deep groan, followed by a "Jim!" ripped you from your dreams as sweet as ripe cherries.
You carefully opened one of your eyes in an attempt to keep the rest of the sleep, that still had wrapped you around its finger, over you like a blanket, however, what you saw amused you too much to keep your eyes closed.
Jim was sitting on your financé, his bowl for food between his teeth and wagging his tail eagerly while he looked down at the man beneath with cocked head, clearly demanding his food.
The brunet next to you let out another groan as  the dog on top of his body shifted, pressing him into the mattress with his whole body weight now, which was not the smallest.
"He has grown quite a bit, hasn't he?" You chuckled, grinning at Josh as he turned his head to look at you.
"Yeah, he has. I can feel it."
You laughed and decided to be a good person, swinging your feet out of the bed, stretching your arms just like your back, before you got up and walked to the door. "Come on, Jim. Food!"
Jim's ears perked, his head snapped to you, and without missing another second he jumped off of Josh, who responded to the action with a relieved sigh, with his bowl in mouth, racing out of the room and to the kitchen where the three of you usually took in your breakfast.

"I'll get breakfast ready," you said and chuckled yet again as you heard the clunking of your boy's metallic bowl on the ground, barely seeing your soon-to-be-husband nod since you already made your way to the kitchen.

It didn't take long for Josh to stand behind you in his sweats and press a kiss to your neck while stroking his hands down your side and then up your back as you prepared the breakfast. "I forgot to say good morning," he mumbled affectionately, causing your lips to curl into a smile. "Good morning."
"Good morning, Josh."
When you turned to put the bowl filled with strawberries on the table, the male took your face in his hands and kissed you, an action you returned with more than pleasure.
The kiss was broken apart as you heard the soft 'whack, whack, whack' of a tail slamming on the ground, looking down and seeing Jim sitting there, literally smiling at you as he stared up at you out of big, brown eyes.
"He has grown quite a bit, but still has the same puppy dog eyes," you murmured, smiling as you heard Josh chuckle. "Just like you when you want my food."
"Not true!"
"Very true."
"No."
"Yep, baby. Don't deny it."
"It is not true," you pouted while you followed his hand bringing a strawberry to his mouth, suddenly realizing you did pull the puppy dog eyes when you saw Josh grin.
"Fine. I am pulling puppy dog eyes."
"Indeed."

A few hours later you sat on the couch, your golden retriever placed on your lap and snoring quietly, tired from the long walk you and Josh had taken him, while your hand traced through his soft fur, curiously following the story line the book in your lap captured.
"Baby," Josh suddenly called before he stepped in the room and sat down next to you, your eyes flicking up to him and lightning up with amusement when you saw him wearing his very own merchandise.
"Just as tired as the baby?" He asked you and kissed his cheek, pulling out his phone from his pocket.
"Not as much. I found someone to carry me."
"I know you did, I was the one you "found"."
He was laughing while he talked, a sound that still made your heart beat faster, and without really thinking, you rested your head on his shoulder.
Josh returned the affection by resting his head on yours and wrapping an arm around you, but before you could say something else, a grunt was to be heard and the dog lying on you shifted, now resting on your man, too and looking up at him with dark eyes, his paw on your hand.
"Like a b-" you began, but you were interrupted by a sudden smell sticking in the air.
"God, Jim!" You cried out, hand waving in front of your face.
Meanwhile Josh was laughing and groaning, barely able to force out the words, "yeah, just like a baby."