What Happened To You?

Her car stops about a block away from the destination. Gabriella gets out of the car and locks it. She begins to walk down the sidewalk with the full moon shining down as her light. Her head moves to the side as she sees trees starting to form right by the beach. This was for privacy. Gabriella makes it to the long driveway and walks down the hill leading to the house. It was probably as big as Gabriella's own house and the house was surrounded by trees on the side so no one could see it. Behind that though, Gabriella knew was the beach. She could hear the base from the speakers already echoing in her ears as she makes it around the house to see that a huge canopy was hanging over the pool and a platform that people were dancing on. Gabriella's eyes look around for someone familiar when she hears about four whistles directed at her.

"Hey baby! Come on over here!"

"Sexy... let's go get a room!"

Gabriella feels herself blush as she walks around the pool over to the dance floor and makes her way through. She suddenly sees a huge afro that she could point out in a million people and runs over and throws her arms around his neck from the back. The guy turns around and his eyes light up. "GABS!"

She feels her body get picked up and spun around. A giggle escapes from her mouth as Chad sets her down and gives her another hug. "Well it's good to see you too." Chad smiles down at her. Besides Taylor, Chad was defiantly her best friend. Sharpay was up there too, but she and Chad were best friends first. Well, that was a lie. Troy had been her best friend up until the summer of freshman year. The summer that changed her life.

"Come on." Chad says and grabs Taylor's hand, who Gabriella now realized was standing there. He then waves over what Gabriella could see as Sharpay, Zeke, Ryan and Bradin. They walk over to the side were the drinks were being served but out away from the dance floor.

"Why are you so late? Troy showed up here like fifteen minutes ago." Zeke says as he points his thumb in the direction behind him. Gabriella looks over his shoulder to see Troy's profile with his arms around a blonde who was wearing an extremely short skirt and a top that basically revealed everything. Gabriella tears her eyes away from him and shrugs.

"I had to get my car, and then I got stuck behind a train." She says and grabs a drink that was sitting on the table behind her. She takes a giant gulp and then sighs. It felt good to be with all of her friends. At school, it wasn't as fun because half of her closest friends were at East High. "Well, you guys really know how to throw a party." Gabriella says to the Evans twins as she looks around at the huge crowd on the dance floor and in the pool. There had to be at least a hundred and fifty people there.

"Thanks Brie." Ryan says and Sharpay smiles.

"I know, it's in our blood I guess." She says.

"LOOKING HOT MONTEZ!" Gabriella hears someone yell and she smiles at the comment. It wasn't uncommon for that to happen, and at first she was embarrassed but now, she could care less.

"So, are they treating you well over on the West side?" Chad says and drapes his arm around Taylor. Gabriella smiles. Chad was always looking out for her like an older brother would.

"Yes, Chad. Don't worry." Gabriella says and looks over to see Troy's body grinding up against the random blonde. It was disgusting. She knew Troy could do so much better then her, but he always chose the dumb Barbie dolls. She shakes her head and turns her attention back to Chad. "And I know if they weren't, you'd beat them up for me."

"You got that right." Chad says and Gabriella rolls her eyes at him.

"I take pretty good care of her." Bradin says and wraps an arm around Gabriella's shoulders. She laughs a little as Chad tries to put on a smile. One other reason she was so thankful of Chad was because he was one of the few people who didn't think that Gabriella belonged to Bradin. Sure, they were friends, but for some reason, Chad never wanted Bradin and Gabriella to go out. It had been that way ever since she met Bradin in seventh grade and he had a crush on her.