Saved From A Date

Troy enters the kitchen and sets down a stack of four dirty plates. He looks up at the clock to see that it was 8:15. His shift was over in fifteen minutes. It was Monday, and the kitchen was starting to empty out since everyone would go home early when it was slow. Since it was Monday, the dinning room was extremely slow. He had, as he knew he would, gotten home safely on Saturday night, but then immediately went to bed. He woke up yesterday feeling a little better, with most of his headache gone, and basically played basketball the whole day. He sits up on the counter and watches as Chad walks in.

"Everyone's gone now." Chad exclaims and looks over at Zeke. "You staying?"

Zeke nods his head. "I'm the only cook."

Troy looks at them both confused. "Bradin's pissed that he's leaving. He probably would only stay to make sure nothing happens, but Fulton is sending him home." Chad explains and Troy continues to have a confused look on his face. What did they mean "stay"? Their shifts were over, so why would they want to stay? And what would Bradin want to watch?

"Um... Why are you staying?" Troy asks and Chad glances at him.

"That prick that Gabs is going on a date with rented out the dinning room. He needs a couple people to stay." Chad explains. "So I'll see you tomorrow?" He says assuming that Troy would leave, but Troy feels a smirk curl on his lips instead.

"I'm waiting." He says and hops off the table.

"I got it covered Troy." Chad says and Troy shakes his head.

"I don't care. I'm helping." He says.

"We're not getting paid extra." Chad explains and Troy shrugs.

"I don't care. I wanna see this." He says with a smirk on his lips. He remembered Gabriella talking about going on a date with the idiot, and now he wanted to see it. Why? He had no idea. But he wanted to see it so badly. This night might actually end up hilarious.

"Whatever you say." Chad says and grabs two clean plates, silver wear, and two glasses. "Just behave yourself." He says while looking at Troy, who looked like a little kid about to open presents on Christmas. This would be fun.

Gabriella looks into the mirror in the locker room and turns around. It was Monday night and Chase had come up to her earlier to tell her that they would be meeting at 8:30. Even though the diner hour was over, Chase had rented out the entire dinning room, and a few employees had offered to stay and serve or cook. She turns around in the mirror again and sighs. Her long almost black hair was completely down and she was wearing a white beater with a light purple shirt that draped off of her shoulders and a dark jean skirt. She looks over at the two girls sitting on the locker benches and raises her eyebrows. "So what do you think?"

Sharpay shakes her head. "I think you look a lot better than going out on a date because you felt sorry for the stuck up bastard." She states and Gabriella rolls her eyes. Sharpay made it well aware that she wasn't a Chase fan. And maybe half the reason was because it was someone other than Bradin.

Taylor gives her a small smile. "You look great." She says and stands up. Her best friend places two hands on her shoulder. "And just remember, it's one date." Gabriella gives her a small smile and nods. She knew it was only one date, but she didn't want to go. Why did she have to be so nice?

"And if it gets too awful." Sharpay adds. "Just imagine you're talking to Bradin."

Gabriella rolls her eyes. "That will make it even worse." She says as the blonde pouts and shakes her head.