You Killed Him

Gabriella was pacing on the deck of the pool. She was furious. No, she was MORE than furious. Much more. She had let her guard down for more that two minutes and this is what happens. The sky was dark now and lights were illuminated from the pool and from the club itself. She had asked one thing from him... ONE THING! And he was too selfish to help her out just once. She thought maybe they were getting better. Boy, she was sure as hell wrong. Her mind was racing. It had to be close to eight thirty now and the dinner rush would be over soon. Then she could let off her steam. The incident was replaying in her mind over and over again like a broken record...

Gabriella takes a bite of her sandwich and stretches her legs out. The sun was beating down on them and she looks around to find the golf course was completely empty. She turns back to Bradin who was eating his own sandwich as he smirks at her. "So... how's saving people?"

Gabriella giggles at his comment. "No one's really needed rescuing yet." She responds and takes another bite of her sandwich. This was extremely relaxing. Just being out here with one of her best friends. She looks around to see the mountains in the distance and realizes how beautiful Albuquerque really was. Her eyes move back to Bradin's green eyes and she smiles. "Right now I'm busier teaching the little kids to swim."

"That sounds like fun." He says sarcastically and Gabriella shakes her head.

"I like kids... they're adorable." She responds and Bradin shrugs.

"If you say so."

"So how's caddying?" She asks.

Bradin shrugs. "Alright. It's fun I guess. I get to be outside and I'm getting brownie points with the rich players." He responds and takes a drink of soda.

She smiles. "Do they tip?"

He nods with a smirk. "Yea. I've gotten a shit load of money so far. Maybe I'll have to treat you out sometime." Gabriella turns away as he says this. She was pretty sure he was just trying to ask her out on a date. But that wouldn't happen. They tried this before, and it didn't work.

"Yea, with the rest of the gang." She responds and his face falls a little. But he quickly recovers and puts on a fake smile once again.

"Yea... I guess." He says and looks down.

There was moment a silence and she sighs. "Hey, have I ever mentioned how great of a sandwich you make?" Gabriella asks trying to break the awkward silence between the two.

"Only like everyday in school." He responds and Gabriella shrugs.

"Well they're amazing."

"Thanks... I'm an amazing guy." He says cockily and Gabriella feels her eye roll.

"Yea right." She responds and he smirks.

"You know you can't resist me." He says with his eyebrows raised and Gabriella shakes her head.

"No... I'm pretty sure I can. See people who are cocky kind of annoy me." She jokes and then shrugs. "And you smell too."

"You'd better run Montez." He says while starting to get up. Gabriella quickly gets up off of her knees and runs barefoot across the grass. Her strides were in a perfect form of a runner as she looks behind her quickly to see that Bradin was starting to catch up. She turns in a circle and he suddenly grabs her around the waist and pulls her to the ground. A flashback of the day she got her scar floods into her mind as she remembers that Troy did the exact same thing that day.