Chapter 2: Yakko's Refusal

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs, it belongs to Steven Spielberg, Warner Brothers Studio, et al. I claim no rights to any of this, it was made purely for entertainment and for writing practice. No profit is made off of this. There are original characters featured within.

Animaniacs Return

By: Melanie Ray

Chapter Two: Yakko's Refusal

Yakko Warner leaned against the door of a lime rust-colored Ford, his cuff on his leg sounding metallic as he hit the bottom in boredom. Yakko glanced forward, then away as he heard his boss talking with the new guy. Looked like he was making a sell today. He adjusted his brightly colored tie, a sign of a good car salesman. Orange, red, and yellow with his bright pants always made him look friendly to his prey.

He glanced toward the new guy a moment, then looked back. Typical guy, brown hair, white shirt, he had no idea what he was doing. He didn't even wear a yellow vest to point out he was a salesman and not a customer. Well, he'd learn his lesson. Yakko stole another glance then pushed his green and white plaid shirt sleeve to check out his watch. This could be his fastest sale yet at Ed's Emporium of Exciting Used Cars.

Ed the Edster walked out with the new guy, Yakko barely turned his head like he'd just noticed the situation.

"Quick lessen there kid." Ed patted the new guy on the back and gestured to Yakko, "If you want to make it in this business, follow his lead. He's the best I've seen in years. Why, this guy could make a five year old want to buy a Mazda if he tried hard enough." "Yakko," Ed yelled at him like he was deaf. He pushed the new prey toward him. "Here's the new guy."

Yakko had a giant grin on his face.

"I'm Bob." The new guy looked like he was creeped out. "Nice to meet you, Yakko?"

"Nice to meet ya Bob." Yakko grabbed his hand and shook it with both of his. "So you're the new guy, huh? What do you know about cars?"

"Well, I graduated-"

"Got an old tired black one huh?" Yakko wasted no time and ran over on the other side of the Ford. "I gotta tell you, even this old beat up piece of junk could outdo that thing. Did you know your hubcaps were falling off?"

"Hubcaps falling off?" Bob asked confused.

"Absolutely. You didn't see it?" Easiest sale yet, Yakko did his best not to rub his hands in his excitement.

Bob tried to catch up as Yakko ran over on the other side of the lot to look at his car. He'd known which one the new guy drove when he first pulled up. Always good to study prey.

"Oh man. What have you been shining it with, sandpaper?" Yakko looked at the finish on the car. "No way, this'll never do. You can't sell cars and drive this old thing. What is it? A 90?"

"No, actually it's an 80's." Bob shifted his foot. "It's worked really well for me."

"Yeah, uh huh. Not married, are you?" Yakko thumped the car. "Could tell right away. Man, you don't want to buy a car like this until you're married with kids." He wiggled through the car's lowered window.

"Hey," Bob yelled at him, "get out of my car!"

"Isn't my fault. Look how easy I got in." Yakko shook his head as he steered the driving wheel. "You plan on selling cars? Is Bob out of his mind? You don't even have proper security for it." He kicked the door open and got out. "Uh uh, you're not gonna last very long if you have to redirect attention to this old piece of junk."

Yakko ran the other side of the parking lot, his prey trying to keep up. He jumped back up on the Ford. "Now, see this baby? This is what you should be driving to sell cars! Security system up the yingyang. Nice finish, jet black, cool, suave, says 'Hey! I know about cars, buy from me'."