Chapter 35: New Game

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs, it belongs to Steven Spielberg, Warner Brothers Studio, et al. I claim no rights to any of this, it was made purely for entertainment and for writing practice. No profit is made off of this. 

Animaniacs Return

Chapter 35: New Game

------------------------------

Yakko crept up to the Hollywood sign. He was running out of time. What he was going to do could possibly get him in trouble and he may be sent to jail, or worse. Sent away from his brother and sister forever.

He had tried the short way, but the answer to where he could be lied in the Hollywood sign. He set up Slappy Squirrel there, he had that Roger Rabbit dip there, and he even rolled Aroma off there. There would be police 'do not cross' tape all over, and there would probably be investigators or guards making sure no one got near.

When he got near enough to the entrance he only saw one guard. He easily slipped past him and went deeper inside. Once he reached the bridge, he looked down and saw the prism dip below. So toxic, it looked like no one could figure out how to move it yet. Alright, Yakko, it's all on the line. If you're caught red-handed in this place, things aren't gonna turn out good. I need to move fast. Think fast.

Squirrel. Art O' Reilly. Dip. Needle. Squirrel. Creator of insane guy. Dip. Needle. Dip. Needle. Come on, put it together! Warren framed Slappy Squirrel to make her look like she was a ruse. Snappy came back. Sky's cast was dipped. Yakko grabbed his head. Come on, think! Aroma doesn't have long! He gripped the bars in front of him tightly. "I can't..."

"Halt!"

Yakko looked back at the guard. Pinpoint verification, he couldn't blame it on his copy, it was in jail. He was about to bolt, when-

"There you go, sir!" Warren ran behind the guard, pushed him forward and into the dip. "Happy landing!" He waved at the screaming officer. He caught his gaze along with Yakko, and his mouth fell into a deep smirk. "Yakko Warner, not a nice thing you did."

"Warren!" Yakko grabbed him by his collar.

"Ooh, ooh, easy, Yakko, don't kill me!" Warren yelled. "I don't want to be dipped! Mercy!"

"You're not going to trick me," Yakko demanded. "Give me the cure."

"Well, don't you know what it is?" Warren gestured below. "It's part of that dip stabilized with my exact ink brand. In other words, if you throw me in, you have your cure. But you wouldn't do that, right? You'd never kill another cartoon, would you?"

"Don't play around," Yakko warned him. "I'm usually in the mood for playing, but not today."

"I'm serious." Warren gestured below. "In order to save her, you have to kill me. But you could never do that. Not even for the girl you secretly like a little more than a friend? Right? Mercy!"

"You are completely psycho, you want me to take you out?" Yakko didn't know how to take this. What was he supposed to do? "I'm not-"

"Accepting mercy? Please Yakko, don't take me out like that guard!" Warren pleaded again. "If there were any other cure, I'd give it to you! What are you doing? What is that?"

"What?" Yakko watched as Warren stabbed his leg with a needle. "What are you doing?" he said, so surprised he lost his grip.

"Please no, you stabbed me!" Warren rubbed his hands against his leg and showed ink on his hands. "I'm going to die. You're the one behind it all, aren't you? No, no, what are you doing?"

Yakko watched as Warren fell backwards down the bridge into the dip.

This guy is brilliant but suicidal? No way, I don't buy it. It must have been a copy. Trying to set me up. There's gotta be a recorder around here somewhere...