Chapter 7: The First Shoot

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. I claim no rights to any of this. This was made purely for entertainment. No profit is made off of this.

Animaniacs Return

Chapter Seven: The First Shoot

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~    

The day of the big shooting...

Colin looked at his script. From Randy Beaman Kid to a dad? Why was he supposed to be the first on the show? "This still isn't right." Colin said as he looked over at the director. They are really stretching. From the beginning of the show, they wanted everyone to know how much the show would be different.

"Aaaannd . . . Action!"

Thomas started to suck on a lollipop while he was hanging from the tree. He had indeed taken Mindy's place. Buttons slept on cue for the camera while Colin started to stroll up to Thomas . . . with a beer. "Hey there!" The cameraman only filmed up to the waist so the beer would show but not the face of Colin. "How's my big boy, huh?" Thomas smiled at Colin and continued to suck on his lolly.

"Alright then, good!" Colin laughed. "Daddy's gonna go see if he can find you a new mommy tonight again. Speaking of 'mommies', I still need to send her child support for Min." He took out a check and started to write on it. He went inside briefly while the camera focused on Thomas.

When Colin came back out he strolled back over to Thomas. "Alright, Thomas, daddy's gonna leave you with Buttons for awhile. Okay? After all, it's not like I can afford you and child support and a (censored) babysitter." Colin strolled over to Buttons. "Now, Buttons. You take good care of Thomas while I'm out. And don't let anything happen to that support check I just wrote or I'll come home and kick your ass!"

Buttons started to wake up and nodded. He watched as Colin started to leave the yard.

"Damn child support. I'm not even the (censored) father, I shouldn't have to pay," he grumbled as he walked away. Off camera finally, Colin stopped and sighed. Yeah, they wanted to rival South Park alright.

On the first episode, Thomas' lollipop would accidentally get swung over to a moving car. Bringing a reminiscence to the old show where Mindy's lolly got stuck to the post man's car. After that, the similarities would end. The car would finally stop at an all-night bar. Thomas would crawl in below the bouncer unnoticed. Buttons would finally catch up and try to get in the bar. The dog would have trouble though and would get bounced out. He'd try again and again. After succeeding, Buttons would realize Thomas left the bar and somehow ended up in the back of a dangerous motorcycle, trying to pry his lolly off a biker's jacket. Button's would steal someone's motorcycle and try to catch up but the biker was riding with his gang. So, Buttons would get pummeled again by the angry bikers. Finally breaking free, Buttons would see Thomas crawling into a trucker's car, where his lolly had just been flung. Buttons steals another truck and eventually gets even with the truck. Side by side, Button jumps in and steals the wheel.

They crash into a tree on the other side of their house. The truck driver curses the dog, kicks him out and starts to leave. Thomas having already gotten out of the truck strolls into the front yard, safely with his lolly. Meanwhile Button walks over to his dog house and collapses.

Yep, that's how it would play out and Colin watched it being pulled off without a hitch. Seeing it was time for his entrance, Colin sighed and started to get up. He went back on camera with a beer in his hand again and strolled up, acting quite drunk, to the yard. "Wheeeeewie, that was a great night. Who knew I could have a Margarita in one hand and a girl with the same name in another." He smiled over at Thomas. "How was my boy's night tonight, huh?" Thomas smiled back at him.