Chapter 26: The Moocher

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. This was made strictly for entertainment and no profit is made off of this.

Chapter 26: The Rescue! Nope, cancelled.

------------------------------

Ding Dong

"You get it, you're the moocher." Slappy insisted as she refused to move from her chair. Skippy still hadn't come home. All because of Snappy.

Snappy groaned but answered the door. "Oh." He twirled his cane, then pointed it at the guests. "You got a tower, beat it, no more moochers!"

Wakko smiled at Snappy. "We're not here to stay. Mmm...we're here to see Slappy Squirrel."

"Slappy? Why would anyone want to see her?" Snappy scoffed. "Frigid old granny! Somebody's here to see you!"

Wakko and Iri came through the door and approached Slappy on her chair.

"Watcha want?" Slappy questioned. "I don't get visitors out of the blue. I ain't got any inheritance." She gave them a closer look. "You seen my nephew, Skippy?"

"Maybe," Wakko answered, "but we need to ask you a question. A-and we promise not to turn you in if it...if it's a yes. But it won't be, but..." Wakko scratched his head. "Arni?"

"Me?" Arni whined. "Not fair Wakko, you know her better."

"But you lived with her," Wakko said back.

"Ummm..." Arni gestured to Snappy. "What about him, Wakko?"

Wakko looked over at Snappy. "Could you leave?"

"I told him that thousands of times," Slappy grumbled. "He ain't budging."

"I mean for a little while." Wakko looked over at Arni. "Go take him to the movies or something."

Arni walked over to Snappy. "How about a flick?" He brought out a few bucks. "My treat?"

Snappy rolled his eyes. "Fine, let's go."

Wakko watched out the window making sure Snappy was still with Arni and out of distance.

"Okay Mister spy detective." Slappy said crankily. "What'dya need ta ask already?"

Wakko gulped. "Slappy Squirrel?" He took a deep breath. "Did...did you ever commit murder?"

"..." Slappy raised her eyebrow. "What are you, insane? Oh yeah, you're a Warner Brother, of course you are." She stood up with the aid of her cane. "No, I ain't ever commited murder."

"Never at all?" Wakko asked. "You never did anything that might look like murder? Been around someone as they died maybe?"

"You think I killed Midge Squirrel?" Slappy was disgusted. "M-midge was a friend you-she gave birth ta Skip and died! I never laid a hand on her!"

"Skippy Squirrel's mother?" Wakko nodded. "So that's her name. You never said her name before."

"Yeah, well this might be a surprise bucko, but it wasn't really pertinent to the show, was it?" Slappy scoffed.

"But could it look like it?" Wakko asked again. "If there's any way it could look like it, then you're in trouble. Someone's after you, saying you killed someone. The same one who kidnapped the cast members. He'll out you if any of them come back, so they can't yet."

"You're saying all these kidnappings are my fault?" Slappy stepped forward closer. "I ain't no murderer. Look at me, I'm old!"

"But you were there when she died." Wakko said. "You need to gather some proof she died giving birth to Skippy Squirrel before Warren gets rid of it, so the others can come back."