Chapter 24: It was a BIG Anvil

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. This was made strictly for entertainment and no profit is made off of this.

Animaniac Returns

Chapter 24: It was a BIG Anvil

--------------------------------------

Aroma lied awake, uncomforted by the thought of Newt's expression. She had married a whole other person, and he didn't even bat an eye. Not that she was going for jealous, that would be wrong and stupid. Besides, it was Yakko. She turned on her side and looked the other way. It's just that...he was way more baffled with Minerva. Sure, Minerva was gone, but he looked like he would walk to the ends of the Earth for her.

Unable to get any sleep, Aroma got up and headed to the kitchen. She briefly noticed the squirrel Sky sleeping on the couch. He looked less like his teen idol self, his fur tossled about and the bags beneath his eyes. He hadn't had an easy night, and she bet he'd probably been crying before falling to sleep. She wouldn't pry into the squirrel's problems, they must have been big enough for the Warner Brothers to let him stay.

"Couldn't sleep?"

Aroma turned her head and saw Yakko towards the kitchen. She tucked the robe against her pajamas a little tighter and headed that way. "No. You?"

Yakko chuckled. "Nah...something about my sister being who knows where kinda makes it hard to get a good night's sleep." He looked over at Aroma. "You still losing sleep over Zenny?"

"No. I've had time to process things." Aroma went over to the cupboard and grabbed a bag of chips. She opened them up and started to munch on them.

"Chips, this late at night? Or I guess morning." Yakko reckoned as he strolled over for a chip. "Mrs. Warner, why are you up then?"

Aroma groaned. "Don't say that, please. It isn't funny."

"I think it is." Yakko laughed as he stole another chip. "Besides, what's it matter? Your doggie didn't care."

Aroma didn't answer right away as she bit into another chip.

"Ohhh..." Yakko popped one more chip into his mouth. "That's it, isn't it? Mr. Romantic didn't seem intrigued at all you married another guy? Didn't even give you a second look, did he?"

Oh, I thought that was in my head. Aroma placed the bag of chips on the counter. "Yakko? Is...does Newt have something going on with...I mean, is he-"

"Madly in love with Minerva?" Yakko laughed. "Duh. You're finally noticing it, it's about time." He patted her on the back playfully. "You've got to be thickheaded not to see it. They've been driving each other crazy since day one—I mean why else would Minerva even consider Zenny, you know? I really doubt that you were more than..." Yakko backed off as he watched Aroma's expression. "I mean...in my opinion?"

"You're right." Aroma shoved another handful of chips. "Who else would stick around after all the ordeals I've put him through? It's easy to put up with if-" She picked up the chips and handed them over to Yakko. "Here. I'm going out for a walk."

"A walk? It's 4:00 in the morning." Yakko watched her leave the kitchen and head back to her bedroom. Okay, maybe he said a tad bit more than he should have.

Maybe I should just tell Newt it's over. It might be best. Aroma said to herself as she tugged her jacket tighter. She glanced around a few more times than usual. She knew Warren might be around, so she'd be extra careful. She needed to get out of the tower though and clear her head.