Chapter 38: A Refreshing Dip

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs, it belongs to Steven Spielberg, Warner Brothers Studio, et al. I claim no rights to any of this, it was made purely for entertainment and for writing practice. No profit is made off of this. 

Animaniacs Return

Chapter 38: A Refreshing Dip

----------------------------------

Yakko heard the voice on the phone. There was still a good chance someone was biting the dust that day. Overnight several authorities came to their tower to try and take control of the situation. So much focus was on that deadly dip, that no one even cared about their 'activities' much. Warren, the leading reason for so many deaths, was sitting pretty behind bars, not saying a word.

The phone rang. "Dominoes delivery service," Yakko answered.

"Decisions, decisions. Are you pitching the amnesia woman, the hot woman, or are you pitching Aroma?"

"None," Yakko declared. "Don't you only get one call?"

"Yes, but apparently they think I am important enough to call you to give you any hints I can. There's really not much hints to this game though, I set it up to play itself out without me. Hang to win by four."

"Yeah, I know. We're kind of tired of your games though, loser. Nothing's original, no spark anymore." Yakko chuckled. "What happened to our marriage, dear? I suggest we may need counseling to find that special something again."

"Not very long, it's over. You may have won the battle, but I won the war."

"Fine, be that way. I'll be at my mothers." Yakko hung up on him and headed over to the tower.

Aroma swung back and forth in the breeze. She had to think positive. She's survived so far, and it was almost over. Warren was in jail, everyone was safe, and she'd be fine in the end. Yeah, of course she would.

"Whoah lady, flash the whole crowd why don't you?"

Aroma clenched her legs tighter as Yakko approached. "Do you always have to make an entrance?"

"Yep." Yakko smiled. "It's my style. So, anyhow, uhhh...I think you might be fine. I can't guarantee this will work. I really can't."

"Oh." She noticed the hesitance in his voice. "Okay. Well, you did save me once. Maybe even twice, if I think about it. Most friends don't put themselves in this position more than once. So, thanks."

"Yeah. You really need to knock off this near death thing, it's not becoming. You're turning into one of those whiny characters in shows and stories yelling 'help prince, save me'. Not good for your rep, it'll be harder to get work," Yakko teased. "Um, anyhow, Zenny wanted to trade-"

"I told him to back off," Aroma interrupted him. "I refuse to let him take my position."

"Oh, okay." Yakko said. "Newt is hanging on over Minerva's position."

"Yeah, I know." Aroma sighed. "She's been yelling about it for some time." She smiled. "I've always known. Well, it was fun while it lasted."

"Yeah, but being dumped on your 'could be death day' must suck," Yakko said.

"Well, I did marry someone else and then dumped him for a killer who had Minerva risking her life." Aroma half chuckled. "I think I kind of deserve it."

"Yeah, you might be a little too high maintenance." Yakko laughed. "Oh, look at that." He looked at his watch. "Changing your mind might be a good idea."

"Not on your life," Aroma said, "and you better not be getting any ideas, either."

"Who, me? I've got a saving life limit you know," Yakko said. "Besides, I'm fairly confident." He looked up at the vat. "That our plan will work."