Chapter 39: New Special Friend

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs, it belongs to Steven Spielberg, Warner Brothers Studio, et al. I claim no rights to any of this, it was made purely for entertainment and for writing practice. No profit is made off of this. 

Animaniacs Return

Chapter 39: New Special Friend

---------------------------------

"So, she returns." Dot laughed as she got up from her outside lounge. "Any celebrity interviews this week? We've had lots of fun so far, almost enough to open our dealership soon."

"Yeah, I hear." Aroma cleared her throat. "Zenny, Iri, and I are wondering if you're sure you don't want to stay?"

"On the studio lot with no job?" Dot drifted her tanning shades down. "Not really. I think we're moving up in the world instead."

"Okay," Aroma looked around. "Yakko's not here? I wanted to give him something."

"I bet you do." Dot giggled. "What?"

"Paddleball." Aroma handed it to Dot. "Brand new condition, it's the nicest one I have. It's the one he first saw of mine. Could you give it to him next time you see him?"

"...maybe." Dot pulled her shades back over her. "You know, he'd probably choose to start our business here instead of San Diego if you just told him how you felt. The doggy is gone, right?"

Aroma laughed in an odd manner. "Dot, your brother has saved me more times than I can count. I was a different cartoon before he met me. He's changed me for the better, and he's...he's too good." She squeezed her purse tighter. "I can't, look how much trouble he's gone through for me. Why would he want me more than a friend? I've got too much baggage. Besides, Iri, well when she was Arni...oh, I just know I stand good at friend. So..." She cleared her throat. "I better get going back; we're being requested by the chairman this afternoon so..."

Dot watched Aroma take off and yawned as she looked at the roof where Yakko stood looking over. "I don't know Yakko, do you think you're too good for her?"

---------------------------------  

"Here Skip, have some cereal before you run off." Slappy poured Skippy some cereal.

"Thanks," Skip muttered as he took a bite. "...aunt."

Snappy looked up from his newspaper and watched as Slappy poured him a bowl. "No dynamite today?"

Slappy glared at him, but backed off and ate her own cereal.

Snappy ruffled his newspaper once and went back to reading it. Slappy might never accept the truth, and as hard as it was to deal with, he had to accept it. She lived a large majority of her life as Slappy Squirrel and if her memories as Midge never came back, then in the end that was who she was. She refused therapy and didn't want hypnosis. She wouldn't let him tell Skippy the facts. She wouldn't let anyone know, anything. A grumpy old crabby squirrel.

"Where are you going tonight?"

"A rager."

"I don't think so Skip."

"Everyone I know is going to be there."

"I won't, I'm more hip staying at home."

Snappy hid his chuckle and flipped to the next page. Whether 'mom' or 'aunt', Skippy and Slappy cared for each other the same way, either way.

"Snap, get your feet off the table!"

"Don't have to yell," Snap snapped back as he brought his feet down. "Old crab." He opened his newspaper again and hid a smile. Just like old times.