Chapter 37: The Last Game Played

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs, it belongs to Steven Spielberg, Warner Brothers Studio, et al. I claim no rights to any of this, it was made purely for entertainment and for writing practice. No profit is made off of this. 

Animaniacs Return

Chapter 37: Last Game Played

----------------------------

I couldn't trust in that plan. Zenny knocked his head on the back of the barn door. He knew the Warners full plan, but it was insane. They couldn't guarantee it would work, that Warren would have to approach them to find out the insane plan that didn't make sense. He played his small part, dressed up like Warren and took the squirrels away, revealing later who he was. He got whacked hard for that one, too. Afterward he was supposed to stay next to Aroma with Renraw, just in case he went after her next. And he did. For a little while, but he couldn't believe in such a stupid plan. Warren was a genius he wouldn't fall straight into the cops himself, no matter how curious he was. Yakko and the others were putting their reputations on the line for nothing.

He was going to come back to the former barn of Pinky's family. They had another barn built for them outside of city limits, so it was deserted and perfect. He was there with Aroma and Renraw, but his conscious bugged him again.

It would just take a few minutes to see The Brain and tell him the whole plan. Maybe he would know something more? That mouse was a genius, and had to have something better. Something better than complete incompetent nonsense. By the time he reached him and explained, he had nothing though. The mouse continued to the chairman's and he made his way back...

To an empty barn. Zenny sighed, knowing he screwed up. Iri was safely outside the limits, waiting for them to arrive. Gone just a few minutes...

"Zenny, you idiot!" Yakko stormed in and grabbed him. "Where the hell were you? You and Renraw together could have held him off long enough to call us, but not alone. Why'd you leave her?" Yakko yelled again.

"The plan was insane, it made no sense! You were putting your lives on the line and it wasn't going to work. I told you that," Zenny reminded him. "I just took off a few minutes to tell The Brain the real plan. I thought maybe he knew something better."

"Yeah, well our incompetent plan worked." Yakko let go of him. "Now he's got your sister to help him 'feel better'." He looked at him in disgust. "Damn copy. It was a fool proof Warner plan," He groaned and kicked a soda can, "they never look like they work, but they do. It's psychological predictability, not genius."

"Okay, I screwed up. I know I screwed up," Zenny admitted. "I should've trusted it. It was just a few minutes. Now what?"

"The cops have him now," Yakko answered. "He still has an incredibly smug smile on his face though."

"Shoot," Zenny murmured. "Now what?"

"Now what? Now what?" Yakko scoffed. "We were supposed to be going out for victory sundaes. We won. But now? We won, but he grinned and told us to check the tower."

Zenny held his breath. "And?"

Yakko moaned. "Trouble. You see..."

///////Yakko could see a shadow of someone and a bigger shadow above the tower. Wasting no time, he ran over and slid to a stop in front. "..."

"Hey. So, why are you hanging by my tower?"

"Our tower."

"Right. Our tower. Don't get strung up about it."

"Well, I wish it was about that." Aroma looked at the rope wrapped around her chest. "Sorry, Yakko."

Yakko heard his phone ring again and picked it up quickly. "Let me guess, Satan?"