Chapter 29: A Different Trophy?

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. This was made strictly for entertainment and no profit is made off of this.

Chapter 29: A different Trophy?

----------------------------------------

"I will take you in, one visitor at a time." The cartoon doctor demanded.

"Is it as bad as The Brain's?" Zenny asked softly.

"..." The doctor took a longer moment. "We think she's going to pull through, but we can't be 100 percent sure yet."

"What happened?" Dot pulled on the doctor's vest. "Please?"

The doctor shrugged her shoulders. "We won't know until or if she wakes up." He nodded again at the small crowd of friends. Pinky and The Brain sat in one chair along with Rita. Runt was on the ground next to Wakko and Iridescent's feet. Zenny sat next to her, then Renraw. Yakko sit at the far corner of the hospital, staring out a window that had its shades closed.

Zenny visited her first, then Iridescent. After them, Yakko took his turn...

Yakko stepped in the room. He'd seen cartoon hospitals before, even been in them a couple times as a guest. He had never gotten hurt enough to need one. It took a lot of abuse and damage to dent a cartoon.

Her legs weren't up in stirrups like he often saw portrayed. She was lying in the bed, her eyes closed, just sleeping off whatever happened. Her face had actually been bruised and cut. He had expected her wrapped in complete gauze the way the doctor spoke. "Any clue at all about what happened?"

"I don't know." The doctor informed him. "We have done X-rays of her though. The damage on the outside isn't the same as on the inside. It shows signs of stress and tension, and considering she was found in a trash can, I can only speculate she'd been rolling around in it at a great distance." He tried to smile at Yakko. "She will either pull through or die since she was drawn though. Great news, if she had been born into the cartoon world she could have suffered brain damage. Anything else?"

Yakko shook his head and held her hand gently. He figured it was probably bruised but it was impossible to see through black fur.

"More guests are waiting to see her." The doctor reminded him.

Yakko got the hint and headed back outside. He couldn't do anything for her in the room. When he got back to the waiting room, he finally saw Newt.

Newt stood up and rubbed his hands anxiously. "How is she?"

Yakko lowered his eyelids at the dog. "What took you so long to show up?"

"Easy." Zenny said. "Sit down Yakko."

Yakko watched as Newt was escorted to her room. Why he should be, he didn't know. He was late, beyond late. Why bother even showing up? Dumb old stupid freaking drooling scratching barking mutt! He sat back down in his chair, crossed his arms, and continued to look out the window that still had its shades closed.

/Aroma stopped handing over sticks when Yakko said that. "You have a problem with Brain and with Newt? Is no one good enough for you?"

"No, you just shoot too low," Yakko muttered. "Guess any guy's perfect compared to Warren though, huh?" He chuckled. "Heck, you even married me to get away from that psycho. Talk about desperate."

"Is everything a joke with you?" Aroma dropped the rest of her sticks. "How can you just laugh about Warren?" She turned away. "I thought you got it."