Chapter 21: The Plan

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. This was made strictly for entertainment and no profit is made off of this.

Animaniac Returns

Chapter Twenty One: A Plan

-------------------------------------------

Kansas one week later...

"Welcome to Tarmart." Wakko replied lazily as others walked past him. He was back at his old lame job in Kansas working at a Tarmart. He couldn't believe it. He thought the three of them had somehow beaten the system. "Welcome to-" He gasped. "Iri?"

Iridescent smiled. "Hey Wakko."

Wakko grinned. "A very special one-of-a-kind-welcome-to-Tarmart for you! What brings you to this place?"

"Felt like shopping out of town?" Iri joked. "Can we talk?"

"Sure, but be mindful of what you say," Wakko warned her. He pointed to where someone was sitting in a corner. He smiled and waved at them. "I'm always being watched."

"I won't do anything drastic, I just want to talk." Iri replied. "Things are getting bad in Burbank ever since you guys were split apart. Is there any way you can...get out?"

"Get out?" Wakko didn't seem pleased with the comment. "Do you think we haven't tried before?"

"I didn't mean it like that," Iri quickly apologized. "I just meant, things mysteriously turned once you left and if there was any way I could-"

"Ah, ah!" Wakko covered her mouth up with his glove quickly. "Careful." He looked down at his feet. "Do me a favor and lay down by my feet."

Iri raised an eyebrow. "That is a very lame pickup line."

"You shouldn't judge vehicles so meanly," Wakko replied. "Now, could you lay down by my feet?"

Iri just looked at him oddly. She didn't get it, but she did as he said.

"Now while you are down there, scream." Wakko smiled down at her.

Iri blushed. "What kind of girl do you think I am?"

"You're already lying by my feet in a Tarmart, no one will judge you any more or less," Wakko answered.

Iri groaned. There'd better be a point to this. "Aaaaaahhhh!"

"Ouch!"

"Ah ow!"

"Dammit!" The guy in the corner Wakko waved at previously grabbed his ear.

Iri quickly stood up. "Others are listening to us?"

"You bet. Every word." Wakko waved at the guy in the corner again. The poor guard just opened his newspaper and tried to ignore him. "They are all around, so be careful of what you say. So! What's been going on?"

Iri watched as Wakko started to take off. "Well, Brian and Phar Fignewton abandoned Pinky."

"Is that so?" Wakko said in surprise as he continued to stroll. Iri started to catch up with him. "I didn't picture them leaving the mouse."

"I didn't either." Iri continued. "Now Pinky is so depressed that he just can't make any more episodes."

"Yikes." Wakko looked over at a shelf. "Fettucine or Linguini." He smiled. "Linguini." He reached up and pulled it down.

"Speaking of spaghetti terms," Iri continued. "The girlfeathers disappeared and the goodfeathers are molting all over the parking lot. They refuse to do any more episodes until they are found."