Chapter 33: But I'm the Main Character!

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs, it belongs to Steven Spielberg, Warner Brothers Studio, et al. I claim no rights to any of this, it was made purely for entertainment and for writing practice. No profit is made off of this. 

Animaniacs Return

Chapter 33: I'm a Main Character...

----------------------------------

"Don't yell in my waiting room!"
"This is all your ****ing fault!"

"I couldn't tell you!"

"To ruin the damn game?"

"He had her, Yakko, he had her! You think that little scrape is bad what do you think he would've done? She wouldn't have stood a chance!"

"She doesn't stand a chance!"

"Don't say that, Iri." Wakko held her closely as she cried in his arms. "We'll find a way, we always find a way."

"That's right, this isn't over." Dot insisted. "That doctor says he can't get it to quit, but there's got to be a way. We just have to figure it out." She looked over at Yakko who was still seething. "You've gotta calm down, big brother, or we're never going to come up with anything."

Yakko choked an odd laugh. "You know what?" He looked out the hospital window. "Aroma, Wakko, Aroma...I spend way too much time in hospitals these days."

"Big brother." Dot strolled over to Yakko. "We'll figure it out."

"He always leaves an ultimate way to win, otherwise the game is fixed and it's no fun." Zenny reminded Yakko. "He said time, don't waste time. There must be a way to save her, and he knows it. There must be something. We've got to figure it out soon."

"Yeah, 'cause whatever he did to her..." Dot thought about what she almost said. "If we didn't find a cure he could keep doing it."

"Which sounds like the point," Wakko sighed. "If we don't figure it out in time and he hurts others...we're to blame, aren't we?"

"Not via courts. They could never put us away for that." Dot answered Wakko. "But our conscience might bug us, and surely everyone would blame us. They always do."

"More bad rep. Ultimate bad rep. Never put us away, but we're stuck to blame." Wakko added. "Whenever anything big happens, we're always the one with enough imagination to figure it out."

"Yeah, us and no one else." Yakko agreed.

"It's not fair! What are we supposed to be figuring out? I didn't see any clues." Dot complained.

"This is life or death. Probably his ultimate game," Zenny said. "The clues won't be that easy to see. We've got to think really, really hard. Has anything been different about the environment? Anything unusual? Out of the ordinary? Even the slightest thing..."

"I can't believe Sasha still doesn't want me."

Yakko stopped and looked at Squit through the window. The goodfeathers and girlfeathers got back together a long time ago. Everyone except that bird. His girl was still against him. "Oh," he groaned. "Follow the clues." He strolled over to the window and opened it up. "Girl still not yours?"

Squit looked up at Yakko. It was kind of weird, no one really paid attention to birds except other birds. "Uh, no." What was he even supposed to refer to the main character as? Yakko? MC Yakko? Yakko Warner? "No, Yakko Warner, I haven't."

"Actually last name's Therapy now." Yakko laughed. "Well, temporarily. Soon to be...uh, so, girl still got you down? How come?"

"I don't know." Squit replied. "Kiki and Lana aren't even really talking to her much. She's just drifted away. I don't even know where she is right now."