Chapter 13: The New Writer

Disclaimer: I do not own Animaniacs. Yakko, Wakko and Dot and all of the other characters belong to their own respective owners. I claim no rights to any of this. This was made purely for entertainment. No profit is made off of this.

Animaniacs Return

Chapter Thirteen: The New Writer

Sasha stretched as she started to get up. Another morning in the barn. Coo! How I miss the city. She looked over at Pinky who had fallen asleep on Phar Fignewton's head. Brian was sleeping beside her mother as well.

It had been well over a month now and so far, no go. Pinky did not want to leave. He didn't mind them staying around, but so far Pinky had not seen a reason to leave for Burbank again.

Lana had already been up and was staring out of the barn at the rising sun. The place had its own subtle charm but it just wasn't home. Bobby never even came. She sighed. If the goodfeathers had cared, they surely would have found them by now. From the last call to the producer's assistant though, they weren't even looking for them. Guess they didn't love them enough after all.

Kiki was starting to wake up too. "Anything happen?" She asked. She'd been asking that every morning since they first arrived.

"No, the guys still don't care and they never will." Sasha growled. "So I'm heading out again to find Butch."

"Again?" Lana asked worried. "You and he's been going out a lot lately."

"Well I ain't turning back!" Sasha squawked. "If Squit don't want me then he don't have to have me! Butch is just fine and he don't seem to see a problem with egg-hatching."

"Obviously." Lana agreed. "Neither does Target."

"See? We done found our new guys and I'm not turning back." Sasha crossed her wings. "Even if he came now, I'd be hard-pressed to go back. Wouldn't you Lana?"

Lana shrugged.

"And that's the reason we always stayed with them lousy goodfeathers." Sasha growled. "I'm done, I quit!"

"But what about the show?" Kiki chimed in. "And...I mean, am I really supposed to leave Pesto for good?"

"You're getting cold feet too?" Sasha scoffed. "It's always the same thing and I'm too tired of it." Her anger started to subside a little. "I'm too tired. I can't just waste my life away anymore on someone that don't feel the same way." She started to flap her wings. "You two stay and convince the unconvincing mouse he should leave back to that dirty lot! As for myself, I see little reason to want to return."

"We're under contract." Kiki reminded her again.

"Oh don't worry, I'll return, but it ain't gonna be the way Squit wants." Sasha growled as she started to fly out of the barn.

Kiki looked over at Lana. "I think she really is serious this time...and I don't think Pesto is coming."

Lana nodded her head. "Maybe she is right. Bobby's never gonna change. This is really it for us."

"Your inferiority shows upon your very wings."

Lana and Kiki turned to see Brian starting to wake up.

Brian swooshed her mouse-like tail as she headed over to them. "Why must the females in our primitive cultures never grow in cognitive structure?"

Kiki just glanced at Lana. Brian always spoke so strangely, but she did have a point. Sasha was moving on. The smart little mouse-horse was saying move on.

Maybe it was time they listened too?

----------------------------------

Water Tower...