Chapter 2: Beginning

(Oh and btw, I know its readerXLevi but just imagine your height 5"1 or Shorter so Levi can be taller than you, It would be so KAWAIII!!!, Ahm...Back to the story..)

(2022 A/N: OKAY YALL I BEEN SEEING WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE CONFUSED WITH THE AGES, EVERYONES AGE IS THE SAME '18' RIGHT NOW. EREN AND JEAN ARE 18. I KNOW ITS DIFFERENT FROM THE ACTUAL ANIME. TY FOR READING ❤️)

Its been two years since the outbreak of the wall, and losing my mother. I've been lately living with Eren, Mikasa and Armin. All four of us wants to join the cadets to kill these heartless titans, To help restore peace in humanity.

But the beginning is hearing this man yell at everyone for no apparent reason, Suggesting us to get stronger willingly. He came over to me and looked dead into my eyes, I still held my stance as he came closer.

"WHO ARE YOU CADET?!?" He yelled, I felt his saliva on my cheek. I wanted to wipe it off so bad, It felt like acid burning my skin.

"IM (Y/N) SIR!" I shouted back at him, Showing him I can be superior in any situation and didn't show any signs of weakness.

"AND WHAT ARE YOU HERE FOR!?!" He yelled back. Does he need sleep? It looks like he haven't slept in days.

"IM HERE TO PROTECT HUMANITY IN ANY WAY I CAN, EVEN IF MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!" I shouted again, About to lose my voice in the progress. He stepped back and smirked.

"Very strong word girl, I know your work will pay off." He said.

My face looked determined as he passed me, As his back was facing me, I wiped off the spit he created on my face. I heard smacking in front of me, Some girl with brown hair and a high ponytail was eating something. I couldn't do anything to stop her, I just stood there hoping she wont get caught. The Captain turned around to see what it was, he saw the girl eating. He walked over and looked down at her in shocked. I would be in shock too, I'm hungry as well. The captain's mouth was open as Sasha was still eating in front of him like she didn't care. (Close that mouth tho captain)

She then took a piece of bread and raised it to him. He took the piece and threw it on the ground and told he to start running. After minutes of examining the other cadets, He told us to go to the board and find out which cabin we will be in and with who. I ran over to the board with the others that were eager as well. I found my name in the long list, I had to share a cabin with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Wow very convenient.

I grouped up with Eren, Mikasa, And Armin that were on their way to the board. I told them we were all sharing a cabin, They were shocked but yet excited. Armin Hugged me, Hearing from what I said to Captain about my wish. (Arm in, Arm out, LET ME STOP!) Eren patted my head, also proud of what I said. Mikasa smiled alongside with me as we made our way to the cabin.

The cabin was very small with 2 sets of bunk beds, And was filled with clothes with different sizes, But they were all used, Disgusting.. Me and Mikasa chose top bunk and Eren and Armin chose bottom. Armin was under me and Eren was under Mikasa. The Captain yelled and called us all to the dining room where everyone ate. I grabbed my tray along with Eren and we sat with Mikasa and Armin.

"(Y/N) What are you going to live for?" Armin asked.

I smiled at all of them, and stared at Eren, "Scout regiment." I replied.

Eren smiled, As that was what he is going to chose, That was what he dreamed for, To killing all titans.

"What's a pretty little lady doing here getting her hands dirty" A voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw a guy hovering over me, He had a short brown haircut, He had yellowish eyes. (Idk, Its jean)

"Tch, Whats a horse doing out of his stable." I said.

They giggled but jean's face turned red in anger and embarrassed. It was probably his first time getting turned down by a girl.

"You would like to take this horse back there?" He said as he was cracking his knuckles and stretching. He wants to fight, does he?

I smirked "When things don't go as planned, we fight others even girls, do we?" I said getting up and putting my hands on my hips.

"Wow what a real turn off, You just embarrassed yourself in front of everyone what a punk you are." I laughed.

He got angry and balled up his fist and threw his fist toward me, I dodged it swiftly.

"Too slow." I said as I punched him in his stomach.

As I was about to hit him again, Eren got up and held me by my arms.

"He isn't worth it (Y/N)." Eren said.

I know Eren was right, so I nodded and sat back down. Jean made his way back to his table. As we were finished we headed back to our cabin. Before I reached for my bed, Eren took me by my hand.

"Hey (Y/N), Can I talk to you for a minute." Eren said.

I nodded and headed outside with him.

"What happened to your parents, I haven't seen you meet up with any loved ones lately." He said.

I looked up in the sky, leaning over on the brown ledge.

"My mom...Died from what happened two years ago, The rock crushed her when the big titan over the wall kicked it. My father and brother went to go fight with the scout regiment but never came back. Everyday I hope to hear them come in and say "We're home". But who am I to believe that would ever happen..." I said

It hurts that this whole time I never cried for them, I want to be strong, But strong willed people cry at a point in time, right?

Eren felt my pain and came to hold me, He laid his chin on top of my head and wrapped his arms around my neck pulling me in.

"I will always be here for you (Y/N).." He said.

"We all will..." I heard a familiar voice behind Eren, He let go of me and turned around. Mikasa and Armin was standing by the door, Eren reached out his hands toward them to join in, We all huddled.

Finally I really knew what 'True friends' were...

(Omg!!! That was epic, Thank you my lovely readers for continuing reading the book, The book is getting a bit juicy now. Please follow and rate my Cadets!)