Afterlife pt.3

<C/N POV>

It's been a month since my mom hasn't been with us, dad been mourning about this non stop. He hasn't been playing with me as much, but when he does he slacks in bringing the fun out it. Constantly saying "Alright, I have to do work now.". I really miss the old him when mommy was here. Some say that he attempted to kill himself, and was lacking his fighting skill, almost getting grabbed by a Titan.

I have slept in a different room close to the office as there wasn't anymore room inside his office.

I changed my clothes and opened my door to see cadets walking past my door, I waved at them as they smiled at me. I never seen a Titan before, but when I reach a certain age I will join humanity for the fight against the Titans. I want to be the one to stop this, the one who finds out how to restore humanity back to how it was.

I walked over to daddy's room and knocked on the door.

"Who is it...?" He asked.

"(C/N)" I said.

"Come in."

I slightly opened the door to see him at his desk doing his work, he didn't even bother to look up as I closed the door to head over to him.

I gave him a hug and looked at the pile of work he had to do.

I heard the someone barge through the door and seen Hanji panicking looking at Levi, she smiled a bit.

"I have some important news to address." She said.

"What is it?" Levi grunted.

"We saw this in the nearby forest, when we were doing our mission."

She reached out her hand and opened it to reveal mom's hair pin.

"It might be a chance she's....still alive, it wasn't in the same place, where we saw she got killed was further down."

Levi took it from her hand and wrapped it in his hand.

"Search the area tommorow, we might as well try, were not certain but we will try."

I looked in his eyes. It was the same expression but I know inside he's happy to have known this, as I hope she's still alive as well.