October 1, 1995

Grumpybluebear: Jamie!!!

I couldn't contain my excitement as soon as I saw his screen name showed as online. We'd both been busy the last few weeks and hadn't talked since the 10th. As silly as it was I found myself truly excited to chat again, about anything. Sitting at my cheap desk with my glass of white wine and a small stack of homemade peanut butter cookies and the sounds of my new musical purchase filling the empty space around me, I knew I had a stupid grin on my face that I couldn't shake.

SixStringGuy: Reunited again! :) I've missed our little chats Sydney.

Grumpybluebear: Me too :) So what has been going on! Where were you last weekend?

SixStringGuy: oh I had some boring work stuff I had to take care of. Traveling and that sort of thing.

Grumpybluebear: oh fancy traveling strip club owner. You know one of these days I'm gonna figure out what you really do.

SixStringGuy:  No you won't. At least not until I want you to know ;)

Grumpybluebear: sure. So where did you go? Someplace fun I hope.

SixStringGuy: took a little trip to the west coast. Nothing to crazy or fun. Just business as usual for me.

Shaking my head I laughed at the screen. At this point part of me didn't even care what he really did for a living, the idea of a strip club owner who often travels for business was so much more entertaining than whatever he could possibly do in real life.

Grumpybluebear: I just might have to look into this strips club business. Seems like a good life.

SixStringGuy: hey if you're ever in the Midwest let me know. I can get you all hooked up for a visit to the champagne room lol.

Grumpybluebear: OMG!

SixStringGuy: ok enough about my boring life. What happened with the boyfriend?

Sighing I knew this would come up, but I'd sort of hoped we could talk about him a little more. I was honestly over this shit with Miko and just wanted to forget it ever happened.

Grumpybluebear: oh. Well...just like you said he would, at first he denied everything. Tried to accuse me of cheating and he felt that's why I really wanted to stay in school, because I had some guy over here.

SixStringGuy: but you were ready for that, right?

Grumpybluebear: yeah thanks to you I was ready. And that's pretty much were things took a turn. We got into a huge argument for about 20 minutes before he finally admitted he'd been cheating.

SixStringGuy:  How long?

Taking a rather large bite of my cookie, I grimaced slightly as I realized I was eating my feelings. This was the type of thing I'd hoped he wouldn't ask. The answer only made me feel stupid for not seeing the problem sooner.

Grumpybluebear: little over a year. And before you ask it hasn't been just one girl. I've been really stupid.

SixStringGuy: No. You were in love and that can make you blind to just about anything.

Grumpybluebear: sure.

SixStringGuy: you know you need to get tested. Make sure he didn't bring anything with him when he visited your bed.

Grumpybluebear: yes mother I know :|

SixStringGuy: hey I'm no ones "mother". I have been "daddy" on occasion but that's it ;)

Grumpybluebear: what is wrong with you?

SixStringGuy: ah, I think you like it. I'll ask you next time your drunk lol.