October 29, 1995

SixStringGuy: hey, welcome to our usual Sunday night date Sydney!

I'd logged on a little later than usual after getting lost in writing my current research paper. I think subconsciously part of me was hoping he wouldn't be on. I know it's stupid and selfish, but I wasn't sure if I could stomach hearing about his fiancé and his engagement.

Grumpybluebear: Hey there Jamie!  But you might want to reconsider your wording on the rest of that 

SixStringGuy: What are you talking about?

Grumpybluebear: I'm not sure your fiancé would appreciate you referring to this as a "date"

SixStringGuy: She knows about our Sunday night dates, and yes that's what I call it, and she doesn't care.

Grumpybluebear: well ok then. I just don't want to get you in trouble

SixStringGuy: oh don't worry about that lol. I find enough ways to get in trouble all on my own ;)

Grumpybluebear: if you say so lol.

SixStringGuy: Did I do something to upset you last week?

My heart sank to my feet at his question. Sure the honest answer was yes, but we're friends and I want to be a good friend. There was absolutely no way I was going to tell him how I really felt last week, or now for that fact.

Grumpybluebear: No, not at all. Sorry if I made you think that. It had just been a long day and I was tired.

SixStringGuy: you wouldn't lie to me would you?

Grumpybluebear: Jamie if I was gonna lie to you I'd make it some huge, elaborate lie. Classes are just getting the better of me and I'm high strung about all of that.

SixStringGuy: you wanna talk about it?

Grumpybluebear: not much to talk about really. I knew this would be a heavier workload since I'm working on a more advanced degree, I guess I just didn't expect it to be this heavy. And I've been distracted by some other things as well.

I regretted that last line as soon as I hit send. I knew he was going to ask about it and then I was going to have to make something up. I couldn't tell him he was my other distraction.

SixStringGuy: what's going on that's got you distracted? Anything I can help with?? Anything at all?

Grumpybluebear: no, lol. It's nothing, just normal college stress and that whole thing with Miko.

SixStringGuy: don't let that thing with Miko get to you. It happened and that's that. Move past it and live for today instead of dwelling on the past.

Shaking my head I give the screen a small laugh thinking about how I could apply his words to my real issue.

Grumpybluebear: yeah, you have a great point.

SixStringGuy: So...

Grumpybluebear: So...?

SixStringGuy: did you get a chance to check out the album I recommended.

Grumpybluebear: Yeah I did and thanks for the suggestion.

SixStringGuy: you know last week when you told me you had a question, that wasn't the question I was expecting.