November 5, 1995

Grumpybluebear: So how is the wedding planning going?

We'd been chatting for the last hour or so about nothing in particular and while I wasn't a big fan of bringing up his impending nuptials, I started to find it odd that he had made no mention of it.

SixStringGuy: that's already becoming a giant mess. At this point I'm leaning towards eloping.

Grumpybluebear: oh but I thought you were a guy locally and could get anything done ;)

SixStringGuy: and I totally can. It's my future mother-in-law that's causing issues. Mary understands my business and how busy it keeps me, but her mother, she thinks I'm avoiding the wedding.

Grumpybluebear: so your mother-in-law is fine with the strip club, but she doesn't like that it keeps you busy?

SixStringGuy: right. So as she sees it I must not want to get married and the she fills Mary's head with those notions. So we've been fighting and over the stupidest shit. I told her to do what she wants for the wedding. As long as she walks down that isle in white and says "I Do" then I'm happy.

Grumpybluebear: so what exactly are you arguing about?

SixStringGuy: she keep scheduling appointments and meetings for times when she knows I'm busy, then gets mad I can't be there. She knows my schedule, it's all planned out in advance.

Grumpybluebear: what does she say when you bring it up to her? I mean does she get that you have business that can't be moved around?

SixStringGuy: oh she gets that I have business, but she thinks I should be able to move everything to fit her whim and that's not how it works. I've tried explaining it to her, that if she like this life then she has to let me do my work. But her response is that her mother tells her I would accommodate her if the wedding was truly important to me.

Grumpybluebear: her mother needs to back off. This isn't her wedding or her relationship.

SixStringGuy: it's literally to a point where today whenever she brought up the wedding I would just leave the room. They want to act like I don't care, then I'm not going to. I'be given her the check book and I don't want to hear another word about it from her right now.

Sighing at the cold computer screen I felt bad for him. Just a few weeks ago he sounded so happy about all of this, even the planing and now that had changed so drastically. It made me wonder why his fiancée couldn't see the problem. I mean if this is how exasperated he sounds chatting online, I could only imagine what he would be like in person.

Grumpybluebear: I'm sorry :( wish I could help.

SixStringGuy: it's ok. Feels good to just talk to someone who doesn't have a vested interest in this whole mess.

Grumpybluebear: that's me, the lady with no vested interest lol.

SixStringGuy: anyway. How are classes going? You almost done with this session?

Grumpybluebear: yeah the quarter is over at the end of the month. I just have to make it through a month of research papers.

SixStringGuy: then it's vacation time?

Grumpybluebear: yes! I'm so excited to get out of town. In fact I just booked my flights yesterday. I head out on December 6 and come back on the 12.

SixStringGuy: well that's a good length for vacation. You have any specific plans while you're there?

Grumpybluebear: oh, hold on let me tell you about this. You're gonna love this.

SixStringGuy: ok. What? :)

Grumpybluebear: So my friend, Meg, who I'm going to visit. Well we were talking about specific plans for when I visit and she started telling me about different things to do.

SixStringGuy: so she has plans already?

I was smiling from ear to ear while typing. I just knew he was going to get the biggest kick out of this.

Grumpybluebear: well maybe. Apparently Prince lives in the area and from time to time he holds these concerts at his house.

SixStringGuy: yeah, I've heard something about that.

Grumpybluebear: So Meg knows one of his security guys, I think she said his name was John, and he always gives her a heads up. Apparently she's been to the last few and they are great. So if Prince throws one of these concerts while I'm in town we're gonna go.

SixStringGuy: Well now that could be interesting for you. I've heard those can be pretty cool little events he throws.

Grumpybluebear: oh yeah? You ever been?

SixStringGuy: um, yeah you could say that.

Shaking my head at his response. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Some days I just wish he'd be upfront and not dance around subjects like this. Even the simplest of topics seemed to turn into some complicated game of I can't tell you with him.

Grumpybluebear: sort of? Isn't it either you've been or you haven't?

SixStringGuy: it's complicated. But I can tell you I'm pretty sure you'd have a good time.

Grumpybluebear: you know your frustrating sometimes.

SixStringGuy: I'm sorry. I don't mean to be :(

Grumpybluebear: Then why can't you be straight with me? Why do we always have to dance around topics?

It's not that I'm mad, I'm just frustrated with rarely getting straight answers from Jamie. Sometimes things felt one sided. He didn't respond to my comment and the longer I waited for him the more I started to second guess myself. Sure he danced around certain topics, but he had told me a lot about his personal like recently. After fifteen minutes he still hadn't said a word and I'd started to regret my little outburst.

Grumpybluebear: Jamie. I'm sure you have your reasons for not being upfront about everything.

SixStringGuy: I'm sorry I can't tell you everything Sydney.

Grumpybluebear: can you at least give me an idea why?

SixStringGuy: I like what we have Sydney. I'm sorry I can't tell you everything, but if I did we would change. How we interact would change and this wouldn't be genuine anymore.

Grumpybluebear: I see...

SixStringGuy: I haven't lied to you about anything I've told you. Yes I've let you fill in some blanks, but I haven't lied to you.

The more he wrote the more sense it made. I got his point. Maybe he has more to lose than me by revealing too much, I'm just a silly college student with college student issues. Nothing special. No real sensitive information.

Grumpybluebear: ok Jamie.

SixStringGuy: are we good? Because I really enjoy our conversations. You give me a whole new perspective that no one else in my life does.

Grumpybluebear: yeah we're good. I'm sorry for acting like that. It's just frustrating sometimes.

SixStringGuy: ok. Yes. I have been to Paisley Park and attended some of those events.

Grumpybluebear: see. Was that so hard? ;)

SixStringGuy: I think you'll have a good time there.

Grumpybluebear: that's is if he has an event that weekend. There no guarantee I'm told.

SixStringGuy: well that's true, but if he does I think you'll be impressed. Maybe you'll meet someone who can take your mind off your ex ;)

Grumpybluebear: you never know I guess lol.