December 9, 1995 (Prince's POV)

"Hey John." I caught his attention as he strode past the dressing room door.

"Yeah boss?" His deep voice boomed as he stopped in the doorway.

"Your friend still coming tonight?" As soon as Sydney had told me about her friend and John I knew exactly how to get her here. John had been pretty bad at hiding the fact that this girl had been coming to shows to see him instead of the actual show, but hey, that never bothered me. So the day after we had chatted about it I talked to John, encouraging him to make sure Meg came to this show because I wanted to meet her. That wasn't far from the truth, I was curious about his girl, but I knew Sydney would be with her.

"Yes, as a matter of fact," he glanced nervously at his watch, "she's probably already here. She usually gets here right when the doors open." There was a trembling in my stomach. Just the thought of meeting Sydney set all my nerves on edge. I couldn't help but wonder all this time what she looked like. What she sounded like. How would she react to me? Or more important than all that, would she know I'm Jamie?

"You should go find her and bring her back here so I can meet her." A smile engulfed Johns face as he went to turn from the doorway, only to pause.

"Oh, I think she brought a friend from out of town tonight..."

"Bring her back too." Eager, that was the only way to describe my voice. John finally headed towards the event space and I busied myself by finishing my eyeliner. It was maybe fifteen minutes later when I hear the distinctive sound of Johns footsteps coming down the hall. And without time for another thought he rounds the corner into the dressing room with a tall, slim woman on his arm. My stomach sinks slightly at the sight of just the one woman.

"Boss, this is Meg." Before I have a chance to say anything a shorter woman in a black dress comes around the corner.

"Nice to finally meet you." My words casual as I shook her hand.

"You as well." Her eyes shifted to her side. "And this is my friend Sydney. She's visiting from out of town and I told her she just had to attend one of your shows here." I think Meg was still talking, but I didn't hear a word. I couldn't tell you exactly what I had expected, but what I'm looking at certainly didn't fit. Green eyes staring back at me from a soft face surrounded by long, lose chestnut waves on a frame that is probably the same height as me when we're both out of heals.

"A pleasure to meet you." Reaching out my hand, her eyes finally caught mine as her smaller hand fell into my palm for a gentle shake. Her red lips lift in a soft smile and in that moment I could see that shy girl I'd gotten to know over the past few months.

"You too." Her voice was casual, but held no hint of the shy side I knew so well. I had only intended to meet her, say hello and leave it at that, but now I couldn't. I wanted more, more time. As quick as the idea spring into my head I gave John the night off and encouraged him to leave with Meg. Neither of them were any the wiser as I offered to show Sydney around because it was well known around here that I was a gracious host. Before it really sank in what I'd done I was standing alone with Sydney. A smile I seemed completely unable to to control slipped over my lips as I watched her  curiously look around the dressing room. I took that opportunity to step closer to her; the way that black dress clings to her hips slightly, the gold that delicately showed on the heal of her pumps and even the little detail of the open cuffs of her jean jacket, it all intrigued me. Miko was a fucking fool I thought to myself.

"You ok?" My words measured, not wanting to scare her off, but she didn't seem at all bothered by me. She seemed distracted, but comfortable and that was nice for a change. After a brief exchange I led her out the door and took her on a little tour of Paisley Park. She seemed more impressed with the building and everything it held than with her tour guide, and I loved every minute of it. At each new room her eyes would sparkle and she'd ask me questions about the space. After showing her most of the places of interest we ended up sitting in studio B at the soundboard. There was a lull in our conversation and before I stopped to really think about what I was doing my voice filled the room.

"You're beautiful Sydney." Her eyes glanced anxiously to the soundboard as a blush creeps up her neck and slowly begins to take over her cheeks.

"I'm sure you have your reasons for doing what you've done with your name, but what the hell am I supposed to call you?" She sounds nervous so I move my chair closer to her, resting my right hand on her exposed knee.

"If we're alone, call me Prince."'she watched me for a minute as if waiting for the catch, but there wasn't one. I just really wanted to hear her say my name.

"Thank you Prince." And it sounded as good as I thought it might.  My hand still on her knee and it wanted to move, it wanted to inch up that leg. My hand wanted to see what it could find. See if I could do what Miko never could.

"Are you growing a beard?" Her words caught me off guard and it must have shown. "It just looks like your starting a beard, that's all. It looks good on you, a little rough around the edges sort of."

"No beard mama, just didn't feel like shaving today." I need to get ready for the show, but I don't want this experience to end "I have to finish getting ready for the show. Come with me?"

Back in the dressing room we first met in she sat on the couch, watching me intently in the mirror as I finished up my makeup. The wheels in her head were spinning and I wondered what exactly she was thinking about. With that done there was only on thing left to do before heading out to the stage. Taking my shirt off, I lay the white button up over the chair and before reach for my gold shirt I catch her eyes trailing over my reflection. Watching her I remember the one thing I've been trying to forgot about her all day. Her eyes are laced with desperation and when she swallows audibly her eyes fly up and catch me watching her. I know I should be heading toward the stage, but my feet are stuck and when they finally do move its not the stage they take me to. It only took a few strides to put me right in front of her. Reaching down I take her hand off the arm of the couch and bring it up to rest against the center of my chest

"Here?" My vague one word question only elicits the response of her finger tips curling into my chest hair. This is wrong I told myself. It's unfair to her, she doesn't know the truth. But as much as my rational mind told me that, the rest of me didn't care. Bending down to her ear as I placed my curious hand on her knee.

"Can I touch you?" My lips met her neck and I was rewarded with a soft moan as she uncrossed her legs. Finally I allowed my eager hand to trail up that delicate thigh. Part of me wondered if she'd be ok with this if she knew I was Jamie, if she knew just how much I already know about her.  But things moved to quickly to worry about that for long. When I finally buried my face in the junction of her thighs it didn't matter anymore. She tasted of frustration and I was going to fix that. With each slip of my tongue I told myself I was going to show her she wasn't broken, she was perfect. And when she finally throbbed around my fingers I swear I felt her whole body change. Watching her fall over that ledge, her body writhing under my touch, my name coated in her moans...I've never seen anything more beautiful and I've never wanted someone more

I was quick to leave the dressing area. I wanted more. I wanted her. I wanted to hear her scream, but I had to tell her first. After the show I'd tell her. Give her all the truths I haven't been able to. I'd lay myself bare for her and however that played out I'd go from there. I thought of her through most of the show and even how I was going to tell her. And after that I was going to show her what it feels like to be truly loved, again and again. As much as I wanted all of that, part of me wasn't surprised to find her gone before the show was over. It would have been easy to find her, but she wasn't ready to know, and I wasn't going to chase her today.

It was early Sunday morning by the time the show was over. Mayte was still in New York and Sydney had left. The only thing I still had were the jean jacket she forgot in my dressing room and  her silver, lace thong in my pocket. Laying in bed in those early morning hours I thought about our brief encounter as I stroked myself and tightly gripped her underwear in my free hand, my groan echoing off the lonely walls as I finally came. I wonder if she'll tell Jamie about me, I thought to myself with a satisfied grin.