×The Lone Wolf×

I was a Rogue. I cried,I cried like a child who was ripped away from its innonce. I felt vulnerable, I felt lost.My wolf continuously tortured my mind, reminding me of my wrong doings.

"How could you abandon the pack? They will never forgive this act. Understand you have doomed us",she seethed. I loathed the feeling that crawled up my spine, like a spider slowly approaching a meal it had caught in its web.

My mate had rejected me. The only person I had expected the best from, deemed me unworthy and left me for my closest friend. The fire ignited in my heart that night. I don't care how bad the consequences and will be, my heart is aching for him but I know I can't stay here. I just have to keep running.

My sister was the next in line for the title. My parents didn't have a son and she was their first born. You'd think that with my being related to the next Luna , things would've been different.

It was my birthday,I had just turned 18, the age when I could shift and find my mate. But there was no time for celebration, my sister, she always craved attention. She always got what she wanted.

When we were pups, my parents bought her nice things, loved her, pampered her. But, Me?I had to take care of myself, for those of you people out there who know what I feel, the rejection of ones parents is not easily shaken off. I felt a constant need to gain their approval, to make them proud, to gain their affection.

This pack was my only home, it was all I had close to what home feels like.

I got tired of the abuse.
I got tired of the neglection.
I got tired of the pack and how they carried themselves, so selfishly.

And so I left the pack.

I wanted to create my own future, I knew if I had stayed I wouldnt have had one.

I still remember that night..
the air was moist and heavy, fog crept over the grass in the fields. The moon reflected on the lake, the light danced across the ripples as fish swam ever so swiftly. The only sound that could be heard, was of the rushing of a nearby stream.

I sighed, breathing deeply. My wolf,Isabel, was at ease for the first time in years. I walked down to the stream, where I would hide from my parents and certain pack members who have had too much to drink.

I looked at The night sky, it was glittering with stars.Suddenly, a feeling of uneasiness came over me, my wolf grew anxious.

'Something is near!!", Isabel spoke. My hands started to sweat

The hair on the back of my neck stood straight. I felt paranoid.I  tried focusing, searching through the darkness. But I couldn't see anything even with my heightened senses.

As I looked through the darkness the breeze picked up, a strong sweet scent caught my attention. It made Isabel feel excited and it relaxed my feelings of anxiety.

"Mate", Isabel purred. My body trembled.

My mate? I thought, happiness. flowing through me. I kept searching for my mate through the darkness.

And my heart leapt as he stepped forward through the vastness of the trees. His gray eyes extranced me. He had wavy black hair, stood around 6'1 and had a nice build, and broad shoulders. He looked 19 or 20.

It was Ryan, one of the betas.  We met before when he used to be friends wih my sister, but he never really talked to me.He ignored all the things that used to happen to me, he never stood up for me, he was always so quiet.

I felt sparks ignite inside me as I stared into his enchanting eyes.

"Rya-" I was cut off briskly, as he took a step closer. His movement halted my words and his scent continued to waft into my nose, relaxing me, but driving my eolf Insane. She wanted to mark him right then and there.

As he broke the distance between us my breath hitched, I couldn't move.

He sighed, and looked down shamefully. He balled his fist up and avoided my gaze. "Dont say my name", He spoke, his voice sent shivers down my spine. I knew he felt the mate bond, the desire, the lust. But why was my mate acting this way. Isabel whined at the back on my head, concerned for Ryan.

He took deep breaths, inhaling my scent, it seemed to calm him down, but he still looked distressed.

"Ryan, whats wrong?", I spoke, he shivered, biting his lip and bringing his eyes up to look into mine.

"I Ryan Cortes reject you, Ashlyn Danire, as my mate", he spoke.

Silence.

Those words sank into my soul, I could feel my wolf curling up in agony. A mate bond breaking, a matea death, and a rejection, is one of the most painful feelings a wolf could ever endure.

I collapsed to the floor, pain covering my entire body, the once pleasant sparks that covered my skin now felt like needles prickling and jabbing, opening my flesh through every pore.

I cried out ,gribbing my heart i felt the bond break. And he stood there. He stood there in silence.

The pain dulled, and  buzzed. Ryan, still silent looked down at me with mixed emotions. Which soon were covered, and he looked at me woth disgust.

"You are weak. Why would you think for a second I would accept you as my mate.The moon goddess made a big mistake", he growled. Isabel continued to whine in the back of my mind.

I felt as the pain continued to fade. The dull burn in my chest Ached. Silence. I could only hear as he walked away. Leaving me empty.

I stayed there for another hour, trying to put myself back together. When I was able to move, I walked back to the pack house in silence.

On my way to my room, I saw my only friend, Christiana. She tried to comfort me, But her attempts failed. I felt lifeless.

I thought this was the peak of my pain. I thought, "I've had enough"  and "I've hit rock bottom", not realizing that this was only the beginning,and I was only just entering hell.