The Cold Truth

*****Eric's POV*****

My Mate, Ashlyn just fell on the floor. She scared the hell out of me with all her screaming. Upon her fall her back hit a sharp rock and it cut into her. Leaving a gouge.

I Also heard a bone crack when she fell, meaning she also probably fractured her spine. I noticed fur started growing on her skin so I took into account that she was shifting. She probably hadn't shifted in a while,since she seemed to be in so much pain, that happened to me before.

Luke gave me control and I ran next to her, Cindy running to my side.

"Don't shift!! Stop!! Stop it!! Cindy get the pack doctor!!" I yelled.Then Ashlyn passed out.

Well, Cindy Is my Ex-Girlfriend. I was dating her before Ashlyn and she thinks she'll get back with me.

Today, I was gonna tell her about Ashlyn ,And to back the hell off. She ended up hugging me but I pushed her away. She got Mad and stormed off. I thought she left. Then Ashlyn- I mean Isabel came.

Luke and her argued,And Luke got flamed, but then she called me the biggest mistake of her life, and that thought made me whimper. Then Cindy came...CALLING ME BABE!! I was sure Isabel was going to kill her. To my surprise She fell on the floor screaming, And here we are. 

Her gouge gushed more and more blood as I decided to carry her. I picked her up bridal style and ran .Of course Cindy being dumb just followed in her heels. When I got to the pack hospital , The doctor took Ashlyn to an ex-ray room.

What was I going to tell her? What would she say?I bet She would hate me, or would she?I kept asking myself questions So I could think this through.

"Calm down Eric, We know whats wrong with her, At least I think", said our pack doctor Mr.Sanders

"YOU THINK!!" I yelled at him.

The room went silent, there were a few stares but nothing important. All you could hear the machines in the background.

"What do you mean",I said trying not to sound angry,But I failed miserably.

"She doesn't stop moving, we keep trying to hold her in position for her x-ray but She doesn't stay still. She keeps trying to shift. We don't know her state, if she keeps trying to shift, She might die"Sanders spoke grimly.

"Take me to her" I said in my Alpha tone.

He nodded and walked me down the hall. As we got further and I heard people grunting,yelling ,and arguing as if something crazy was happening in that room.

I smelled the best smell in the world, Ashlyn. Her scent just drives me crazy. I took a step forward only to be gently pushed back by Mr.Sanders.

"Eric The people in here will be touching her. Don't kill them, they are trying to save her life. Remember, they are saving her life" Sanders repeated to make sure I got the message.

That was all he said before we walked straight into chaos.

There were two men holding Ashlyn down on a table and she had a weird back position. There was also a woman desperately trying to put in an Anesthetic into Ashlyns arm.

Luke growled at them on the inside and I was just about to let Luke out. Until I took time to look around the room. There were blood stains on the orange tile floor and Ashlyn had a bone sticking out her back, it was still inside her though. It was very weird. I growled a little but not loud enough. My hand started twitching.

I calmed down and Cleared my throat. The room went quiet Immediately. The men looked at me and glanced back at their hands,And back at me. Their hands were on Ashlyn...and they already knew what I had done to the guard that touched Ashlyn.

I walked forward and the men let go of Ashlyn, leaving her free to shift and die.

"GRAB HER, WHAT THE HELLS WRONG WITH YOU, DON'T LET HER SHIFT AND DON'T HURT HER!! "I yelled, they flinched, but followed orders.

I ran over to Ashlyn and made sure she knew I was there. I whispered soothing words and kept our gaze strong making sure Luke spoke to Isabel.

Once she saw me, Her heart monitor slowed . She had completely stopped moving as her face was full of thought. I looked straight into her green eyes.

"Please leave me and my mate to be, Now!!",The men let go of her and Everyone begun to walk out quickly, as I gave the doctor a knowing look.

"Ashlyn, Baby, Please stop trying to shift, You're going to hurt yourself, I don't want you hurt , It pains me to see you like this " She teared up. Why?

"You don't care!! You used me!! you love somebody else!! You cheater!! Even your wolf was mad at me!! I saw the look of hate in his eyes!! He yelled at his mate and didn't bother to listen to her!! You never cared!!" My wolf whimpered at her words. Damn Luke you messed up this time.

"Ashlyn, Ashlyn, Calm down, stop being an idiot. I love you with all my heart, That girl you saw, That's my ex-girlfriend Cindy. She acts like she is still with me and I wanted to talk to her today, so I could tell her to back the hell off, Cause we have a new Luna ",I smirked at her and continued to talk.

" Besides, Luke wasn't mad at you,he was mad at me and himself for making you feel that way"

"hell yeah I was", Luke said, But I ignored him.

" I would never use or hurt you, I love you too much...." I said

Honestly, i would never intentionally hurt her. If I ever did it would be a mistake,and I would regret it instantly.

" Y-you do?", she said, her eyes watering.

"Yes Ashlyn, I love you"  I said once more. Her heart monitor increased, Making her blush.

"I love you , too" Those words made my own heart speed up, luckily I wasn't hooked to the machine, so she had no idea.

I leaned in for a kiss but she grunted in pain.

"I'm sorry" I chuckled, remembering her back was hurt.

I signalled the doctors to come inside and they were surprised when they saw Ashlyn laying on the table ,calmly waiting for medical assistance.

The nurse took her x-ray and positioned it over Ashlyns back. Taking photograghs that could save her life. Finally we would find out whats wrong.