Regret being alone

I woke up breathing sharp . I panted and Looked around the room. I was In the hospital. I was in white sheets and The blanket was over my face.

I looked around and noticed I was in a room with flowers everywhere and Get well balloons hanging from the ceiling.

The Room lights where off and I looked to the right to see a chart on the night stand. I grabbed the little notebook and realized it was my stats.

Heart rate : 43

pulse: 32

condition: fatal

Problem : Burned Inner wall of stomach and destroyed esophagus .

I only read parts I thought were important.

I kept on reading and realized my heart stopped beating multiple times . I constantly vomited that my throat swelled up.

I looked around and noticed that the Wolf's were still howling.

I reached  to touch my throat and felt a small scar across it. Then I tried to speak.

But I didn't . My voice came out entirely different. I sounded like a whole different person.

"I'm not afraid anymore" I rasped out.

"Stop" I said.

I looked around and noticed that I hadn't said it loud enough. The wolfs kept howling signals that I was dead.

If Anybody else heard then It would spread to my pack.

"Stop!!" I said a little louder.

It hurt like hell but I was not giving up. I got up and did the only thing I knew I was able to do.

I shifted. I jumped out the window landing with a thud and ran. I stopped abruptly and Looked at the moon.

'Stop running from your problems' Her voice rung in my head.

I had to stop running from my problems. I realized I am not afraid anymore. I can't stop. I lifted my brown head and Looked up. Then I let out a howl. It was a happy , sad and determined howl.

I am not afraid of Eric . I am not afraid of my problems. I will not stop fighting and I will never give in to fear.

The pain in my throat decreased as I sang out. The eerie howl spread through the dark night like a symphony. It would make all the animals sleep and all the monsters hide.

I am Not afraid.

The howls All stopped and I howled out again.

Louder, Stronger and powerful. I howled putting all my emotions in. I howled like my life depended on it .

Stopping my howl I heard paws pounding. I straightened my back and ran.

Mark ran to me. His brown fur bounced as He eyed me with happiness and disbelief . Julia came alongside with her jet black fur, she jumped up and down like she saw a rat and she Yipped like a puppy . Then Oscar came with his dark brown fur acting all serious and strong.

But even I could sense the happiness in his eyes.

They all eyed me like if I was a ghost.

'Guys!!' I spoke through the link before tackling Mark.

His wolf stumbled and we fell with a thud before Julia and Oscar pounced on us. Our fur moved with the breeze as I barked.

We Yipped and jumped happily before we all ran like hell. Mark was on my left and Julia on my right. Oscar was trailing behind like some bodyguard and I was in the front.

I could feel the happiness spread through the pack link. I heard howls surround me and Then some of the other pack members join our run.

We howled all over the place and soon the whole pack was sprinting with us.

I howled in happiness as my friends ran beside me . After our trip we ran back home and shifted. I was on the sofa and Oscar was In the kitchen.

Julia and Mark where on the other couch fighting and smacking each other like five year olds.

"Could someone pass me the remote?" I said.

I was very tired and just wanted to watch t.v. Then I would deal with everything tomorrow. The fighting between  mark and Julia stopped.

I heard something in the kitchen break before Oscar walked in the room.

"You can talk!!" Oscar said surprised.

"No duh!!! How the hell was I able to howl?!" I said to him.

Embarrassment filled his gaze as he turned around and walked back to the kitchen.

"How?" I turned my gaze to a confused Julia. Her black hair spread across her light face. Her purple eyes showed pure confusion as her eyebrows scrunched up.

"Long story.. I'll tell you later OK?" I said to her.

She gave me a quick nod before I spoke.

Tension filled the room after I asked this question . Everyone's eyes went a darker shade as If it were forbidden to tell. It was as if it were a old nightmare that haunted their thoughts. 

"What happened to me?" I said.

Oscar walked into the room and outside. Where was he going? Julia growled and her eyes glossed as if she was about to cry.

Marks face hardened and his gaze never dropped from the picture across the room. His fist tightened and he tried to hide his emotions.

"Tell me" I whispered softly. Loud enough for them to hear.

"I was in the prison with Eric and he went crazy. He looked hurt and the first thought that came to mind was you. I ran to your room as fast  as possible and saw the bowl. When I walked inside you were choking" Mark said.

His gaze seemed to burn holes in my eyes.

"I tried to save you. I made you throw up the silver pills. But there were too many. It burned your intestines and when you threw up the stitches untied" His eyes glossed and his face softened.

"One pill got stuck in your throat and destroyed it . There was so much blood" Julia continued.

"Your heart kept stopping but your wolf didn't stop healing. We thought you would make it...." Julia said.

At the end she bawled her eyes out. Tears flew down her face as mark tried to calm her. It didn't work. She ran to me and engulfed me into a hug.

This was a true friend. Christiana wouldn't have cried over me . She would have got up and walked out the door with a disappointed look. Julia actually cared.

"How long" I said looking her in the eyes.

"You were dying. You were fighting and losing. it was on for two days" She spoke clearly.

"How about Eric?"I asked.

"He was in pain for hours" Mark whispered.

I straightened up and looked around the room. I had time and the time was now . I needed to overcome my fears.

I looked at Mark in the eyes before walking up to him.

"Take me to Eric"