Imagine Jason Todd

Imagine Jason doing the Pentacle of Faith......

"Are you sure you want to do this Jason?" Dick asked once again, looking his brother up and down. 

"I'm sure Dickie-bird, I did it last year." Jason tightened the strap around his waist tighter in an almost nervous manor. 

"Yeah, but they had to yank you down because you stood up there for ten minutes." Tim remarked smartly. 

Jason growled at him, "Yeah, well at least I'm doing it," He paused and mumbled, "Chicken." 

Tim's face shot a glaring look at Jason, "Some of us are afraid of heights, thanks to some people." He said referring to Stephanie. 

The lady who was holding the rope starting talking to Stephanie who was standing up on the platform above.  "Do you want to count to three or do you want me to?" 

"I'll do it." Stephanie shouted down from the sixty foot platform.  She took a deep breath and looked at the bar in front of her, the thing she was aiming for.  "3, 2, 1." Her feet left the platform and she reached for the bar, only to miss it barely. 

The crowd awed in disappointment. "Aw, nice try Steph, maybe next time." Dick clapped his hands together loudly. 

Dick and Tim both turned their attention to Damian who was next, all harnessed in and ready to climb the telephone pole.  Stephanie soon joined the group of boys, "You got this Damian!" She shouted as Damian's body moved swiftly. 

"Look, at him go!" Dick exclaimed as he reached the top ready to jump off.  He turned back towards Jason, "You're next Jason.  It's all or nothing." 

Jason took a deep breath and looked at the telephone pole.  Damian jumped off and grabbed the pole that was in front of him.  Tim snorted and elbowed Jason in the side, "If Damian can grab the pole you should be able to." 

Stephanie frowned, "Damian's like a midget, how could he have reached the pole and not me?" She placed her hands on her hips. 

Damian was lowered towards the ground, and Jason's named was called.  He took one last deep breath before getting hooked onto the rope.  He looked at the lady, ready to give the commands. "On belay." 

"Belays on." She responded. 

"Climbing." 

"Climb away." 

Jason started climbing up the pole, the nerves starting to kick in. 

BONUS SCENE

"Come on Jason, you can do it!" Dick shouted, then looked at the rest of the family, "Come on you guys, cheer him on." 

On three the rest of the family started to cheer, "Bang! Bang! Choo choo train.  Fire him up and he'll do his thing! He knows karate, he knows kung fu, mess with him and we'll pray for you." 

Dick glared at them, but was distracted by a screaming sound.  Jason was dangling like a rag doll off of the rope that the lady had a hold of. 

The family covered their mouths to try to cover their laughs, "What did you do Todd, barrel off it?" 

Jason glared at Damian. 

"Wait Jason do the Superman before coming down!" Tim got out his phone to take a picture. 

Jason stuck his arms straight out in front of him and shouted, "SUPERMAN!" Jason started swinging back and fourth because of the force.  

Konk!

"Do you think he's ok?" Tim whispered to Stephanie.

"Uh...." She stood there in shock.

Based on a true story.  Ask me about it.