Imagine Dick Grayson

Imagine Dick finding a baby on his doorstep..........

Ding Dong

Dick's head shot up.  He wondered who it could be at this hour, and on a Monday night nonetheless.  

The eighteen-year-old groaned.  He didn't want to get up from his spot on the couch, it was just so comfortable. 

It had only been a matter of months since he moved out of the Manor, and to Bludhaven.   He was taking a break from the Titans, and getting his Dick Grayson life back on track.   After he did that then he would find a new identity to take up, and leave the Robin persona behind. 

He looked through the peephole on his door.  No one was there.  Dick was confused.  He swung the door open.  

Cries sounded throughout his apartment.  He looked down, a baby was wrapped in blankets right in front of his door. 

Dick's eyes went wide.  He looked at the bundle of blankets before picking it up.   When he did so the baby stopped crying.  It had long black hair and glowing green.  A smile spread across the baby's face.

What had Dick done?

~

"Bruce, I don't know what to do." Dick whispered looking at the sleeping child. 

Bruce sighed, "Dick I really can't talk right now." 

"But I have a serious problem here." 

Bruce grunted. 

"Wait, are you on patrol right now?" Dick asked. 

"Yes." 

Dick sighed, "Ok, can I come by tomorrow, I really need to talk to you about the situation at hand." 

Bruce responded, "I have to go Dick."

Dick hung up the phone and examined the sleeping child. 

"Ok think Dick." He spoke to himself, "You have a baby girl in your apartment right now.  You've only had one girlfriend, who you have seen since you took your break with the Titans several months ago." He groaned, "Oh what have I done?  Bruce is going to be so mad at me." Dick slapped himself several times, "You just had to do it didn't you Dick.  This all could have been avoided if you had just listened to Bruce and waited until you got married."

The baby stirred awake.  Dick stayed quiet, and watched the child, like he himself was a child. 

~

"My life is over." Dick said to himself as he looked at the open road in front of him.  "I'll probably have to move back in with Bruce and he's not going to be happy.  But then he's going to take this opportunity to train her and force her to become Robin.  Then he's going to make me become Batman.  And we're going to be a father-daughter duo."

Dick rubbed his eyes, the baby was asleep in the passenger seat next to him.  The child didn't look very old.  

"Wait." Dick thought aloud, "What if the child isn't even mine?" He smiled, "I bet this is all just a huge misunderstanding."

Dick pulled into the Manor, he wished to never see again.  Alfred greeted him.

"Master Richard, it's good to see you again." Alfred bowed.  "What brings you back and without a call first?" 

Dick pulled the baby out of the passenger side, "Oh you know, just this." He gestured to the child.

"Your jokes have gotten worse over the years Master Richard." Alfred spat.

Dick walked through the door to the manor, screams echoed through the hall.  The child in Dick's arms awoke and started screaming as well. 

"Alfred what is that sound?" Dick covered his ears. 

The screams got louder, as well as a loud pounding sound.  

"Come back here!" Bruce yelled. 

A little boy, no older than three ran down the hallway and into the kitchen.  Dick looked at Alfred. 

Alfred shook his head, "Master Bruce has done something very bad." 

"Is it?"

Alfred nodded his head quickly and quietly, "Yes, it's his."

Dick took a deep breath.

~

"Ok, no.  Mar'i don't listen to him." Jason said covering Mar'is ears.  "That is not how Dick found you." 

"What?  Yes it is Jason.  I know, I was there when it happened." Dick crossed his arms. 

The thirteen-year-old glared at the two, "I don't believe either one of you."

"What? Come on Mar'i, you don't believe your own father?" Dick pouted his lip.

Mar'i shook her head, "No, I don't." 

"That's cold." Tim laughed. 

Stephanie smiled, "I know how Dick actually found out about you." 

"What?" Dick asked, "How do you know?" 

Stephanie crossed her arms and smartly replied, "You forget Kori and I used to be very good friends." 

Mar'i looked at Stephanie, "Tell me Stephanie." 

"Dick didn't really know about you until you were five years old.  Kori took all the chances she could to keep you a secret.   Originally she didn't want to give you up to Dick either.  She had to go back to Tamaran though.  She knew eventually she would have to give you up, and the only other person she wanted to have you was Dick.  So before you turned eight she gave you to Dick.  But you know all that.  Damian had only been here for about three months before you though."

Mar'i nodded, she knew all about how Bruce didn't know about Damian until he was nine or ten. 

"Oh come on Stephanie, you just ruined my story." 

Damian crossed his arms, "How did she ruin your story?  She was the one who told the true story." 

"No one asked for your opinion Damian." 

Damian scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

I'm very, very sorry X_Lyra_X I was supposed to get this done ages ago but I never did!  Truly sorry that I pushed it off this long!  I wanted it to turn out better, but I'm very sorry. 

Thank you for the request though.