Imagine Dick Grayson

Imagine Dick writing a report when he was in high school...........

"Dick just do it on a topic you enjoy." Bruce said, clearly annoyed that Dick was still talking to him while he was working on paper work. 

Dick threw his hands in the air, "But that's just it Bruce! I can't just choose one topic." 

Bruce pinched the bridge of his nose, "Then just choose the one you like the most." 

"But I just told you, I can't just choose one.  Are you even listening to me?" The fourteen year old placed his hands on his hips. 

Bruce sighed loudly and looked at Dick stressfully, "Look Dick, I can't help you right now.  I've told you what you can do twice now," He stuck two fingers up in the air, trying harder to make the point, "it's your research paper, I'm not supposed to be the one to write." 

Dick rolled his eyes, "Fine whatever." Dick threw his hands in the air and left Bruce alone in his office.  Dick trudged down the stairs and down the hallway, sighing all the way. 

"Master Dick, what's the matter?" 

Dick sat down at the island, directly across from Alfred.  He laid the research paper requirements down in front of him.  Sighing again, he laid his head down on the counter.

 "I have a paper due soon and Bruce won't help me choose a topic." 

Alfred washed his hands and sat down next to Dick, examining the paper requirements.  "I remember when Master Bruce would come home with a research paper, he also needed help finding a topic." 

"Yeah, I have a wide variety of what I could do.  A book report, history report," Dick was about to continue the list for Alfred. 

A hand shot up, Alfred was motioning for him to stop, "I'm aware of the possibilities Master Dick." 

Dick sighed, "And Bruce was just like," Dick cleared his throat, making it deeper, much like Bruce's, "'Just choose a topic that you enjoy the most', and I told him that I couldn't decide there were too many options, and I liked all of them." 

"I think I can help." Alfred stood up. 

~

"How is this going to help me?" Dick looked at the scattered pieces of paper. 

Alfred smiled, "Well, tell me category you want, and we'll flip the card over and go from there." 

"Ok." Dick carefully looked at each of the words on the papers.  Food, buildings, history, science, literature, realistic, fantasy, and culture.  He closed his eyes and pointed to one. 

Dick opened his eyes and Alfred held in a smile from what category his finger hand landed on. 

"Would you like to do that category, Master Dick?  If not you can choose again." Alfred asked. 

Dick nodded, "My finger landed on it, I'm doing something from that category.  Once I go in, I go all in, I'm not backing down now." 

Alfred held in another laugh, "Very well Master Dick." He flipped the card over, revealing several more categories.

Dick's smile turned into a frown, "Holy Moly." 

~

"BRUCE!" Dick ran down the hallway, making it sound like elephants were in the Manor.

Bruce sighed, he knew what was coming.  Dick was going to ask him for help again, because he had refused to help him a few weeks ago on his paper. 

A knock on the door pulled Bruce out of his thoughts.  

"Bruce." Dick said again. 

The door creaked open as Dick walked through. 

"What is it Dick?" 

Dick smiled brightly holding something behind his back, "Guess what?" 

Bruce sighed, "What?" 

Pulling the mysterious thing from behind his back he shoved it in Bruce's face.  Bruce pulled the thing from out of his face.  It was a paper.  A confused look ran across Bruce's face.  

"Read it." Dick encouraged him, "Don't worry, research papers don't bite." 

Taking a deep breath, Bruce opened the paper and looked at the title.  He immediately glared at Dick.

"What is this?" He asked. 

Dick smiled again, "My research paper, you told me to choose the topic I liked the best." 

Bruce mentally smacked himself in the face as he flipped to the next page. 

"By the way, I got a 100% on it, and I have the highest grade in Literature right now."  With that Dick left the room, leaving Bruce dumbfounded at the paper he had in his hands.

BONUS SCENE

"Whaaaaat." Stephanie said crossing her arms, "That's not possible."

"Yeah there's no way you did a research paper on.....that." Tim agreed.

Damian shook his head in disbelief, "I cannot believe you Grayson, that is a very pathetic topic." 

"You know, I'm going to tell Alfred you said that." Dick said. 

Jason threw his arm around Dick's shoulder, "I believe every word Dick.  And I think that pizza was a great topic to do your research paper on." 

Damian crossed his arms, "Shame on you Todd." 

"I can show you guys the actual research paper if you'd like.  Alfred still has it around here somewhere." 

Stephanie nodded, "Yeah I'd like to see it." 

Based on a true story.  Ask me about it sometime.