Imagine Damian Wayne

Imagine Damian Wayne going through finals.......

"When are you going to put those books down Damian?" Dick gave a questioning look to the hundreds of books that were scattered across the dining room table.  

"I just have to review Grayson, I would be done by now if you wouldn't have interrupted me," Damian paused silently counting, "19 times."

"Hey, when I was a sophomore in high school,"

Damian cut him off finishing his sentence, "You didn't care about your grades."

Dick's jaw dropped, "I cared about my grades!"

Damian glared at him and began to place his papers back into his folders, "We all know you try to act smart, Grayson, and granted most of the time you're smarter than Todd, but you never once opened a book to study for finals."

Rolling his eyes Dick stood up and left the room. 

~

"You're still in here?" Bruce set his place down on the table beside Damian. 

Damian looked up at his face, slowly closing his books, "As you know Father, English is not my native language, I still tend to struggle with Literature and Grammer at times.  If I want to do good I need to study more."

Bruce chuckled, "Damian, you're smart, sure everybody needs to study, but you're studying so much you're stressing yourself." Damian sighed, "Tell me." Bruce placed a hand on Damian's shoulder, "What's the real reason you're studying this hard?"

~

The family was now sitting at the dinning table, eating dinner all together.  

"Damian?" Stephanie spoke up.  Damian hummed in response.  "Are you going to put the book down so we can talk?"

Damian lowered the book a little, "Brown, I have chosen to continue my studies." 

Jason looked up from his book at this and read the title of Damian's book, "Oh Literature.  I was quite the Literature person myself back in the day." 

"What?" Stephanie laughed. 

"It's true." Bruce confirmed. 

Dick threw his fork down and crossed his arms, clearly annoyed. 

"Yeah, I did a lot of reading, it was great." Jason sighed, happily.

Stephanie whipped her head around to face Damian again, "Damian, how many finals do you have left?"

Damian froze and set his book down, "I have none left."

"What?" Dick leaned forward and slammed his hands down on the table.  "When was your last one?"

"Wednesday."

"Wait, so you're telling me, these past two days you were studying for nothing?" Dick asked. 

Damian picked up his fork, "I wouldn't say for nothing.  The finals were easy, I was just studying for my co-"

"Finals were easy?!" Stephanie shot up causing her chair to fall over. 

"Yes, Brown and I would appreciate it if you would lower voice." 

"Oh heck no! You can't live under this roof go around saying finals were easy! I worked my butt off to get all A's in high school and especially on finals.  No, no, no, Damian.  You take it back, take it back right now." Stephanie shouted.

"I'm with Stephanie, finals were anything but easy."  Dick stood up beside Stephanie and crossed his arms. 

Jason cleared his throat, "Aw yeah come on guys, finals were easy."

Stephanie glared at Jason, "Jason, you didn't have any finals."

"Yeah, because you never finished high school." Dick spat. 

"Oh shut up."

"Um, guys." Tim spoke up. 

"Timothy Jackson Drake, I swear if you say one word about finals, you and I will walk outside and one of us will have a hole in ourselves when we come back in." Jason snapped. 

Stephanie mumbled, "If both of them actually come back in."

Damian shook his head and spoke up, "As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted,  I finished finals and I was studying for my online college test."

"Oh yeah that's right, I forgot Gotham Academy lets their students get some college classes out of the way early." Tim said.

BONUS SCENE

-Earlier-

"Alfred." Bruce motioned for his old friend and butler to come over.

Alfred made his way swiftly to Bruce, "Yes Master Bruce, is there a problem."

Both looked at Damian who was studying, "Watch out for him while I get the others together so we can have dinner tonight as a family." 

"Master Bruce, why must I looked after him, shouldn't you be the one to do that?"

"Alfred, he told me the reason why he's studying so hard." Bruce's voice got quiet. "He says that everyone else got good grades when they were in high school.  He doesn't want to let anyone down because he fell behind." 

Alfred nodded his head, "He's the spitting image of Master Jason when he was in high school." 

"That's why I want you to watch him.  Don't let him be like either one of us." 

"I will try my best Master Bruce." Alfred stood up straight and watched Damian jot down more notes.