--Chapter Nine--

Kaira's POV

I can't even think clearly. Fear is clouding my mind and I am having trouble focusing on anything. I feel the bed start to move and test the straps around my hands again. They don't budge and I almost cry out in frustration. What are they going to do to me?

"What are you...going to do?" I squeak out, my voice sounding much higher than normal. Good grief, I sound like a mouse.

Once again--and to no surprise of mine-- Zane ignores me. Typical.

I don't like the feeling of my body being totally restrained. It causes bubbles of panic to burst in my stomach whenever I try to move and can't.

"Please tell me something," I beg.

Zane keeps pushing the bed away from the room and down another white hallway lit by more fluorescent lights. He glances down at me, but still remains silent.

"Rude," I mutter to myself and relax my gaze, drawing my eyes up to the ceiling as we move. I hear a quiet noise that sounds similar to a laugh or snort and whip my eyes back to Zane. He quickly smothers a smile and looks away from me.

"I mean it, okay? It's kind of rude to just randomly kidnap someone and then ignore them!" I insist, being completely serious. I am not joking at all.

"The information is not on a need-to-know basis right now," is all he says. Need to know? Really?

"Well I need to know!" I snap back. He doesn't answer and we suddenly stop moving.

I hear something like a door opening and then we are moving. We go through a doorway into another sterile white room. They really have no imagination.

I am focusing on my surroundings when Zane come into view, slightly startling me. He has several wires and other strange items in his hands and I stare at them nervously. He reaches down toward me head and starts attaching some sticky pads to my forehead. The pads have wires running from them off the bed where I can't see.

I try to struggle, not wanting the foreign objects on my head, but I can't make anything budge. Then I see another person come over into my field of view. I look at them, watching for their purpose.

Then I see the needle in his hands.

Another chapter of Not Just An Experiment! And don't worry, things will get more interesting soon! >:) ;)

Kaira's POV- Ithildae