--Chapter Sixteen--

Seriously? She is trying to order me around? I don't think she exactly has the upper hand here. In fact, I know she doesn't have the upper hand here.

"Oh," I answer her sarcastically, "I am so sorry, I didn't know you wanted that. But now that you say so, I guess I will."

I stare at her for a moment with an are-you-serious look to let her know in case she hadn't realized by now that I have no intention of releasing Jackson. None.

"Let him go," she orders me again, and I raise my eyebrows. She is trying to do it again?! That is not going to work in case you haven't noticed!

I forgo the sarcasm this time, "No. If anyone is going to be giving orders here, it's me."

She glares at me, and I wonder what she will do next.

"I'll make a deal with you." she is still talking like she is in charge here. I snort, but she ignores me, continuing, "If you let him leave, I will come with you peacefully."

Really? She is trying to make a deal with me? Like, seriously, I can get both of them. With no problem at all.

"No way." I state simply. Pulling out a walkie-talkie with my free hand, I call for backup, explaining the situation. Kaira is glaring daggers at me the whole time, knowing she can't do anything.

"Run!" Jackson yells, at the same time whipping his arm around, trying to break free.

I can see the struggle in Kaira's eyes, which, as I had guessed, were very beautiful. Wait, what? I am threatening her and now I'm fantasizing about her eyes? What is wrong with me?

"Don't even think about it." I growl at her, knowing she's going to run anyway.

That seems to make up her mind as she turns and bolts. I groan internally, still holding Jackson with ease.

I look around and see another glass room like Kaira's. Having an idea, I walk Jackson over there quickly and open the door by a panel. Quickly I shove him in and close the door. He bangs on the door in frustration, but I ignore him.

Now it's time to find Kaira.

Thanks for reading! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!