--Chapter Fifty-Nine--

Kaira's POV

Tears stain my vision, making it hard for me to see. How could they be so cruel? First, they took me. And now my father? But worst of all, I still don't know of my mother or sister. Are they dead? Are they captured too?

Drawing my attention back to the matters at hand, I look around me. Men hold Max, my father, and I all restrained as we trek down the hallways. Max is in front of me and he glances back, nodding my way. I know he is trying to reassure me, but nothing can help what I feel. Honestly, I just feel like giving up. I don't see any way this can get better now. Zane hates me, my father has been captured, Max and I failed, and I have no idea if my mother and sister even live.

We come into another room that is similar to my old cell except that there are around seven of the individual cells. They are quite smaller and only one side is glass, while the others are white walls.

The men press some buttons on the walls and the glass sides open up. I don't resist as they force us over to them, but I see Max and my father fighting them. Max is shouting and kicking with all he has when one of the scientists stab a needle into his neck.

My eyes widen and I try to go over to him, only to remember that I am restrained myself. Then I see Max's body go limp and he is quickly shoved into his own cell.

"NO!! Let me go!" I scream, trying to get to him. But the hands that hold me are unrelenting. I don't know where this fight is coming from, but I want to help Max. I want to be there for him. And I hate that I can't.

I keep struggling fruitlessly when I feel a poke on my neck. I see a scientist remove a needle similar to the one they stuck Max with. No... no! My body slows down and it refuses to do as I say. I go limp in the arms that grip tightly onto me just like Max. They toss me into the cell between him and my father, leaving crumpled on the ground, immobile.

I lie there, unable to move, just staring out of my prison. I can't see Max or my father, but maybe I can hear them.

I start to call out when the door opens lighting up the dim room. Quickly, I shut my eyes and pretend to be asleep. Maybe, just maybe, they'll leave me alone then.

Poor Kaira.... :(

Kaira's POV: Ithildae